Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 4, 2009, 12:17 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_HT View Post
And it takes time to get used to them, at first they will sound kinda deep, but after using them for 3 days, they're just getting better and better.. I'm hearing even more things i didn't notice before..
Technically speaking, they sound the same as before. "Burn in" is basically a mind over matter thing, you think they sound better because your brain gets use to the sound.

Also, because I feel have to say it, EW iPOD! Good as a multifunction device, mediocre as an audio player.

Old April 4, 2009, 12:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah iPods are a joke... and about the burn in thing... I personally believe in it, and it makes total sense, the drivers get worked in and loosen up, thus improving sound over time.. and it SEEMS to be true so far..
Some people don't believe in it, that's fine, but many, many audio enthusiasts claim they sound better and better over time.. and I'll agree with that, these sound better than they did out of the box, whether it's my brain or the headphones doing the burn in, it's working.

Once again, iPods suck. You know why? Because they're made by apple.

I'm trading mine with my current monitor for a brand new 24" samsung my buddy is going to buy to trade me. Yay.
Old April 4, 2009, 12:55 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_HT View Post
Once again, iPods suck. You know why? Because they're made by apple.
Being made my Apple has nothing to do with it, it's the fact that it has very mediocre audio quality and very little format support (unless Rock Boxed) compared to other players such as offerings from Cowon, Samsung and SanDisc which is far superior. As I said in the past, if you want a all in one offering, iPod is actually quite nice, but if your looking to pump the best audio possible? Make sure to look elsewhere.

To this date I have people argue that 128kbps sounds better on their iPod touch then a .Flac file sounds on my Cowon D2. Not to mention this is comparing the iPods stock earbuds to Audeo PFE's.

It's a sad, sad world for audio listeners everywhere.

Old April 4, 2009, 07:31 AM
Allstar
F@H

being made by apple does have somthign to do with it. They make shit, then add something shiny on the back and people flock to the stores to get it
Mobo: Asus P6T Deluxe | CPU: i7 940 | Ram: 3x2 GB | HSF: CM V8 | GPU: HD 6950 | PSU: PCP&C 750W | ]HDD: WD 500gb x3, 120GB Vertex 2 | Case: Antec 1200 | Monitor: 3x Asus VE247H | OS: Win7 Ultimate x64
My Trading Rep:
HWC
OCN
Heat
Ebay

Old April 4, 2009, 08:11 AM
Allstar

Well I am glad more people are trying them now as some seemed to doubt my review. If the headphones didn't sound good I would have said so in the review.

The batteries last quite a while, I let them burn in for days before I listened to them seriously and the power lasted a long time. To note, if you look on the button there is a red LED, it will go yellow when the batteries need to be changed. Enjoy your cans.

THere was also a mantion of never seeing people with them? -now you know what they look like you will see them all over the TV...seems like many DJ's Sports celebs's etc...all have the beats...
Old April 4, 2009, 09:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

They're purrty

Old April 4, 2009, 04:40 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama_egg View Post
Being made my Apple has nothing to do with it, it's the fact that it has very mediocre audio quality and very little format support (unless Rock Boxed) compared to other players such as offerings from Cowon, Samsung and SanDisc which is far superior. As I said in the past, if you want a all in one offering, iPod is actually quite nice, but if your looking to pump the best audio possible? Make sure to look elsewhere.

To this date I have people argue that 128kbps sounds better on their iPod touch then a .Flac file sounds on my Cowon D2. Not to mention this is comparing the iPods stock earbuds to Audeo PFE's.

It's a sad, sad world for audio listeners everywhere.
I hear ya, my friends at school compared their ipod earbuds with their 96kbps tracks to my Alessandro MS1's which was playing at 320kbps, and they didn't know what the big deal was...

Hopefully I'll get a hold of some HD600's with 650 internals, this will go nicely with my future tube amp.
Old April 14, 2009, 06:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I can't think of anything I don't like about these cans.... They're simply amazing. They were 100% worth it, and if you think they sound bad, you've got problems, or need to stop listening to 96kpbs audio.... These are GOLDEN when paired up to a nice sound card with some 320kbps mp3's.. The clarity is top notch, and bass is so perfect.
Unreal. Plus I can wear them all night.

Oh and the batteries are lasting a lot longer than i expected... about a week of listening to them for 5-8 hours a day... So lets say 30-40 hours of battery life, which is great.
Old April 14, 2009, 06:25 PM
Allstar

Yes, this is why I gave them a great review. They sound very good and are worth the price, when I reviewed them I used the Auzen Prelude and the Essence STX.... that pair sounded exceptional.

Last edited by Robscix; April 14, 2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old April 14, 2009, 06:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You'd be crazy not to give them a great review! And you truly have to listen to them for more than just a day.. It takes some time for your ears to get used to the sounds of new headphones... My ears couldn't handle the bass at first, now it sounds PERFECT. I couldn't ask for more from them. I guess if you believe in headphone burn in, that could be part of it, but I also think it's just part of your ears getting used to them.

The bass is so different, I'm used to quite muddy bass with the Z-5500 speakers, although it hits very hard it doesn't sound quite proper. With these headphones, the bass beats (like bump bump from bass drum) REALLY come alive, but in no way interfere with the clarity and volume of the regular mids and highs. And for bassy music in general, they handle very well, and aren't muddy at all.. The very low (sub 80Hz) frequencies come out with great volume, while the 80-150Hz sounds are regular, therefore completely erasing the effect of "muddy" feeling bass. They smack really hard and come out strong for the rest of the music. And in COD4 they're just wild... when s nade or claymore blows up... it's scary!

LOVE them. Definitely worth the $300 I paid for them, NO doubt about it.

The noise cancelling works well also, your music is fully uninterupted... Unless there's a jackhammer beside you, you don't hear anything but music (don't hear the vacuum in the next room at all)

People dissing them because they're made by monster cable really have to try these things out for a few days before they can judge it...