Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 30, 2009, 09:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by arekieh View Post
lol i think ur just like me, You went and reread all the reviews AFTER buying it.

i always do that to make sure im happy with wat i bought
I read it like 4 times now
Old April 1, 2009, 05:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

2 words:

holy... shit....
Old April 1, 2009, 05:47 PM
Allstar

You got the phones? -What is your impressions?
Old April 1, 2009, 05:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robscix View Post
You got the phones? -What is your impressions?
Extremely comfortable... Sound is great, bass is fantastic. I'm very impressed.

I'll write a member review on them some day. Still getting used to them and tweaking my settings, plus if you're a believer in headphone burn-in time that could also be a factor... How can they sound better? lol

Like you said in your review, I'm hearing things I've never heard before.

Very, very nice.
Old April 1, 2009, 05:57 PM
Allstar

Yes they are very nice. Enjoy.
Old April 1, 2009, 06:10 PM
Allstar
F@H

now i want some ;) lol. Glad you liked them :)
Mobo: Asus P6T Deluxe | CPU: i7 940 | Ram: 3x2 GB | HSF: CM V8 | GPU: HD 6950 | PSU: PCP&C 750W | ]HDD: WD 500gb x3, 120GB Vertex 2 | Case: Antec 1200 | Monitor: 3x Asus VE247H | OS: Win7 Ultimate x64
My Trading Rep:
HWC
OCN
Heat
Ebay

Old April 2, 2009, 07:52 AM
Top Prospect

Do NOT waste you money on these headphones!!!

I had them at home for a day...They have a lot of bass, and very sharp highs...that's it.

On the display at FS they're hooked up to a headphone amp, that helps them sell.

Their sound placement is terrible, the mids are no better than average, and the bass is overpowering. Trust me on this, not only has Monster done it again, it's now also paying royalties to Dr. Drip.

Right now at home I have the G35's, the Siberia's, and the M-Audio Q40's. AND I have a set of ADHT700's on order. (the good part of working in the home audio market!).

So far the best sounding cans are the M-Audios. BUT, the G35's are a close second!

I just think that paying $300 for something that performs like a similar product at $200 is foolish.

Yes, they have noise canceling technology that works quite well. And yes, they're comfortable. No, they're NOT worth the money.

When i get the 700's next week I'll post some info on them...
Asus Rampage II GENE Motherboard
2 x Asus GTX 285 in SLI (710/1617/2700)
1 x 1tb WD Black
3 x WD 640AAKS in RAID 0
Enermax 85-1050 PSU
HP 30" 2560x1600, G19, G7, M-Audio Q40 Headset

Old April 2, 2009, 08:44 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I know I've been slamming this product without ever trying them, but in reality, if Jake has them and loves them then that is all that matters. to each his own.
Old April 3, 2009, 11:18 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto122 View Post
Right now at home I have the G35's, the Siberia's, and the M-Audio Q40's. AND I have a set of ADHT700's on order. (the good part of working in the home audio market!).

So far the best sounding cans are the M-Audios. BUT, the G35's are a close second!
Aye, the Q40's are amazing sounding, not to mention great value. Though I honestly can't say much about the Dre's as I've never used them D:

Old April 3, 2009, 10:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

They sound fantastic... I'm still blown away. And they have their own amp built in which feeds off the batteries, BTW. Which is why they're 3 times louder than my old sony's at half the volume level.

The bass is perfect, very, very, very responsive. Deep, but not muddy, and you can still hear everything else while the bass drum is wowing you with how deep it can sound. The bass detail on these is bar none.
They have good highs and mids, also... And you have to be using a sound card to enjoy these things, they'd sound like utter crap using onboard, I promise you that, they'd be far too deep and muddy. They sound okay on iPod touch, but I much prefer my X-Fi on my PC.

Worth the $300 I paid for them from NCIX? hell yes. The noise canceling works quiet well too, and doesn't give you a fuzzy hum like most other noies cancelling headphones apparently do.

They are extremely comfortable. I've been wearing them for 4 hours straight now and they're perfectly tollerable.

No distortion at all to levels past where my pain threshhold is. And the bass remains clean and rolls smooth.

You'll hear things you never heard before with these on, every cymbal tap, every drum hit, and certainly every smash of the bass drum!

And it takes time to get used to them, at first they will sound kinda deep, but after using them for 3 days, they're just getting better and better.. I'm hearing even more things i didn't notice before..

I'm so in love.

Forget all that crap about Dr Dre endorsed and made by overpriced cable company.. These are the real deal, and if you're in the market for $300 headphones, consider these, please... they're great.

Don't use them for studio monitoring, but for home audio use, gaming, using an MP3 player, you'll just be blown away by the sound quality, and especially the bass and comfort.

Make my Z-5500 sound like a joke.

For what they are.. they definitely deliver. Now I gotta run out and buy some AAA batteries while these are still alive.

PS: They look friggen sweet... Say that about other studio headphones at this price range, they're freaky for going out in public.