Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 8, 2009, 08:05 PM
Rookie

Default 750i FTW Onboard Audio Problem

Hey everyone, just recently got my computer setup and everything is working fine and all, except the onboard sound. The motherboard is a eVGA 750i FTW , and it has the realtek HD audio onboard sound. I have tried messing around with the settings, but whenever I play music or a game, any mids crackle and sizzle on me. Playing CS:S is the worst I have found as when anyone does voice chat any sounds at all are hard to hear over fuzziness (sorry best I could describe it with)

I am thinking I need a new driver for it, but I am not sure which one to get, I originally used my driver I had for the onboard sound on the driver CD, I can't find which driver to get online that is a newer version, Realtek's site confuses me. Any help would be awesome, tried with 2 different sets of speakers and headphones and it does the same thing.

Thanks in advance
Old February 8, 2009, 08:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Have you tried simply re-installing the drivers? (From the CD)
Try that first..

My rear right speaker stopped working 2 days ago, I re-installed the drivers and it works again.. so that just may fix it.
Old February 8, 2009, 08:36 PM
Rookie

Wow, I guess just chalk it up to being tired, totally forgot to try that.... seems to be working good now lol....

Thanks alot man.