Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 26, 2007, 06:07 PM
Allstar

Yes it would. You would really be using the X-fi as a DSP chip only. Your Sondigo would be the output section so you would indeed have all the features of either card. That would mean you would be able to send your games in full EAX/OPenAL over a digital connection to your 680's.
Old July 27, 2007, 02:58 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robscix View Post
When I play games, the audio goes to the Audigy 2 first to be processed and effects added for EAX/OPenAL. The audio is then intercepted and transfered into my X-Meridian 7.1. Games sound rather good. I use the Audigy 2 as a gaming DSP and the XM as the output section. For music and movies the sound goes straight to the X-Meridian. I need to change nothing it is fully integrated.
My dealer sent me a message that he only had one X-Meridian left and since they are out of production I ordered it. So I got X-Meridian + 3pcs LM4562NA for the same Prize as the X-Prelude will be. With Velbac I should have a "perfect system".

You said you will make a new thread on Velbac as it seems to be interesting to many people. Care to write a HOW-TO so we can all get the same configuration working as you have (with ease)? I will surely try it anyway when I get the Meridian...

- Automatically feeding gamesounds with EAX from Audigy -> To a better quality card
- Automatically use "The better quality card" for Movies and Music
- Let me choose which cards mic input I want to use with TS2, Ventrilo etc.

Thx Robscix, your help is much appreciated all the way on the other side of the Globe ;)
Old July 27, 2007, 08:17 AM
Allstar

Also, we are currently working on and testing out the Vista version of the application. In which case you would need to be running ALchemy and Velbac. Velbac has a very small footprint and is very,very low latency or else it would be of no use. Your in for some great sound with the X-Meridian.
I will get to the how-to. I am very busy at the moment. it will be posted for you though.
Old February 8, 2008, 04:10 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I do wonder, if one can drop Creative bloatware "drivers" for the X-Fi and use drivers for THIS card instead. After all, it is the same chip, so... maybe...?

/me hope they made the drivers nicer, eh... :)

PS. the caps does not look that they are audio grade, witch is a shame. I would expect that they use Black Gate or Elna RSF caps, or at least Nichicon FG audio caps...