Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 26, 2009, 06:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default I need some ear buds

As much as I love my headphones, they are too big and bulky and are connected to my computer most of the time, so I cant just grab them and go. So I want some simple good sounding, wont break, earbuds

I've been looking at these, High quality in-ear canal headphone - HA-FXC50-S, someone recommended them to me but I cannot find any reviews, I cant find them on the JVC canada website, the only place I can find them is Future Shop for 60.

Anyone used these, or have a better suggestion. I dont want to pay a lot for them, as they will still be secondary to my Grados but yeah, I want them to sound good
Old January 26, 2009, 08:02 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

If you're looking for a cheap alternative, try out these: http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?openform&pc^eb^PLUG
I've personally owned 2 pairs of these and can say they sound as good as professional DJ headphones in most cases. The only earbuds I own that sound better cost almost 10x as much. Give em a try!
Old January 26, 2009, 08:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

are they sold anywhere in canada because they look pretty much what I want
Old January 26, 2009, 08:58 PM
Allstar
F@H

The Sennheiser CX 300 are suppose to be pretty decent for the price, as well as the MDR-EX51 from Sony. Also, if you can even find them anymore, Crossroads MylarOne Xbi and X3i are suppose to give good bang for the buck so to speak.

In all honesty, all Koss I've ever used have sounded pretty bad IMHO (I would say at par with Skullcandy and Griffin's), and honestly, I would rather take the JVC HA-FX33B (Aka, Marshmallow) at being roughly the same price, and being possibly some of the best CHEAP IEM's I would consider.

Saying that though, it really depends on what player your using. For example, a high quality audio player (say, Cowon S9/D2, Sansa Clip) with a higher bit rate of music (Flac, or even 320kb MP3) are going to require better earphones then say, an iPod (Say whatever you want, the iPod brand, as decent as it is, has always pushed out only decent audio).

As for the ones you listed, I can't really say, but JVC has pushed out some decent headphones/IEM's for under $100 in the past.

Old January 30, 2009, 07:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

Well I ended up just getting the JVC ones, needed them quickly, and I will try to post a review of them in the coming days/weeks