Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 14, 2009, 07:17 AM
Rookie

Exclamation Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 Cinema

Is this a good card? I was going to get a Creative Xtreme Audio or Xtreme Gamer. I came across this card today on Canadacomputers.com. I did search this site but wasnt getting much for the X-plosion cinema card. I want Optical out and headphone jack. 7.1 is a bonus. I really want to play games in surround sound and I am having a hard time figuring out what card is going to work in surround sound games. Thanks in advanced. Price not really a concern but I dont want to pay $200 for something that a $100 card would do. I mainly play Halo 3 anyway.
Live --->Hobbes666

Current:
ASUS P5Q MB
BFG GTX 240 MAx OCD
6 Gig Ram
Vista 64
Cooler Master case
Intel Q9300 OCD @ 3.0 ghz

I sold my last computer with the Xtremeaudio card - Vista 32bit, I did have to mess around with it to get it to work but did really like the sound quality of the card after I figured it out.
Old January 14, 2009, 09:51 AM
Rookie

I've heard good things about Auzentech cards but I don't have any personal experience with them. All I know is, don't get the Xtreme Audio since it's not actually an x-fi chip. A buddy of mine has the Xtreme Gamer and is really pleased with it. I just ordered the Asus Xonar DX which should be arriving tomorrow.

If you can afford it, check out the Auzentech Forte. There aren't any reviews out yet but it looks like a pretty sweet card.
Old January 14, 2009, 10:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I can't speak on behalf of that card, but STAY AWAY from the xtreme audio, the xtreme gamer however, is a really nice sounding card that would definitely please you. I have one and I love it. It's said to be the best sound card for the price.. I agree with that statement.
Old January 14, 2009, 04:48 PM
Rookie

thank you for the replies, I was interrested in the Xtreme gamer from SB. We are talking about the same cards I hope, the cheaper ones...?Im looking at about ~$110 for the SB and ~$130 for the ASUS. I see that there are the highr priced ones up to $200 or more as well.
Old January 14, 2009, 04:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

I love my xplosion

<3
Old January 15, 2009, 01:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes666 View Post
thank you for the replies, I was interrested in the Xtreme gamer from SB. We are talking about the same cards I hope, the cheaper ones...?Im looking at about ~$110 for the SB and ~$130 for the ASUS. I see that there are the highr priced ones up to $200 or more as well.
Yeah that sounds about right for the price. There is a Fatal1ty version of the XtremeGamer... however I don't feel that gold plated inputs are worth the inflated price...

You won't be disappointed with the XG, I really have no idea about the ASUS card as I haven't heard them working, but from what I've read they're nice as-well.. Someone else can probably help you with that more than I... but as far as the XG goes, you will love it.