Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 1, 2009, 02:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

quick question how is the asus xonar dx? NCIX.com - Buy ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 Channel PCI-E Sound Card 24BIT Dolby Digital 116DB SNR W/ Low Profile Bracket - XONAR DX In Canada. Will i notice a difference from the the "sound card" that comes with the asus p5e?
Old February 1, 2009, 03:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The Asus Xonar DX series its a very mainstream product that features pretty generic hardware it will offer a much cleaner sound and better software support than your Supreme FX II riser card, but isn't spectacular. By no means am I an audiophile, but I think I know enough to say that any seperate soundcard will be better than onboard.

HWC did a review a while back this might give a better idea of what the soundcard is like and what to expect.

ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E Sound Card Review
Old February 1, 2009, 10:02 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I just picked one up a couple of weeks ago. I'm not an audiophile by any means, but it's way better than my Xtreme Audio was, which in turn was better than onboard. With that and my Senny headphones, I'm actually a better player in COD5. I can hear footsteps a lot better. The only thing I don't like about it is that I have to switch outputs between speakers and front panel in the software. It doesn't autodetect headphones. Minor issue though.
Old February 1, 2009, 11:50 AM
Allstar

Actually, the Xonar DX has exceptional sound quality for the price.