Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 4, 2009, 09:20 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

The Klipsh has dual side firing 8" drivers. My Eden amp has a 12" and 2-10" drivers. One 10" is coax with a tweeter to bring out some of the overtones. tis a sweet rig. Tube pre-amp, 300watt mosfet main amp. I can blow the dishes right out of my cupboards if i try.

I hate hate hate the low end, earthquake sound bbbbbbbt bbbbbt you hear in most wigger boom cars these days. I like a smooth punchy bass.
Old January 4, 2009, 09:25 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
The Klipsh has dual side firing 8" drivers. My Eden amp has a 12" and 2-10" drivers. One 10" is coax with a tweeter to bring out some of the overtones. tis a sweet rig. Tube pre-amp, 300watt mosfet main amp. I can blow the dishes right out of my cupboards if i try.

I hate hate hate the low end, earthquake sound bbbbbbbt bbbbbt you hear in most wigger boom cars these days. I like a smooth punchy bass.
Nice amp!

Yes people in cars usually just want others to hear.
Old January 4, 2009, 09:31 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

And it sounds so damn awful. Everything on the car rattles too.
Old January 4, 2009, 09:55 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Quarter View Post
Of course they wont pound bass, but you would rather have unbalanced sound over crisp clean detailed sound? To each his own

What speakers do you have that the Z-680 outperforms?

PS: Those speakers I linked are sold in a pair, while they are nothing like dedicated subwoofers, they go as low as 48Hz, which for bookshelfs, are not half bad.
Any sub $500 box store 5.1 setup.

And to all the self qualified audiophiles, my entire argument is not about absolute sound quality. I am not even trying to say that PC 5.1 setups approach high end or even mid range home audio stuff. You can keep puffing out your chests about how you know best when it comes to audio, but you are completely missing the point about low end audio. There is no way anything bought new will outperform the Z680/Z5500/Promedias/Creative 750's. You can go on an on about perfect specs but you are not getting the whole picture. Show me some complete 5.1 systems that are DDL/DTS capable for under $300 that can beat what the PC systems can do.

As for bass, the 8" sub in my Z680's easily rattles things off the walls upstairs in my house if I leave it cranked up long enough. I realize there are far better sounding systems out there than my Z680's. I have owned far better sounding audio equiptment in my life. All I am saying is that for the money they cannot be beaten.
Old January 4, 2009, 10:24 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I agree with you as far as the features for the money offered on media PC systems, and I did say that in my previous post, however, that wasn't exactly what I was against. If one just wanted a system that's a good all rounder, does a good job at music, gives a basic surround sound feel for gaming, anyone of the systems you suggested is fine. However, the sound quality department:

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
If you spent any less, it would be a waste of money and still not sound as good as the Logitechs. Don't kid yourself by thinking otherwise.
Quote:
You are entitled to your opinion, but you could never convince me that a cheap amp and cheap speakers bought anywhere new or used would sound better.
Quote:

There is no way anything bought new will outperform the Z680/Z5500/Promedias/Creative 750's.
You argue that 'cheap' speakers with a 'cheap' amp wont sound better than a logitech system, if that's what you think, then sorry, you are indeed only kidding yourself.

If you are looking into sound quality, a t-amp w/ a decent pair of bookshelfs as I mentioned before would destroy any of those systems in sound quality for $200 (+tax/shipping). If you are really desperate for bass, you can find many subwoofers all over the net in the $100-150 range that kicks ass, and none of the system would even come close.

[/end]

Rig // PC-A7010 :: 1050W :: Rampage :: Q6600 :: 8GB :: GTX 260
X25-V :: 4x 1TB RAID-5 :: 2x 1TB RAID-1 :: 4x 1.5TB :: 1x 2TB
G15v2 :: MX-518 :: Xonar DX :: 7 Pro x64

2408WFP :: DT770/80 :: Onkyo TX-SR605 :: Klipsch RB-61 :: SVS PB10-NSD
Old January 4, 2009, 11:00 AM

My System Specs

I've had a set of Z680s sitting in my closet for nearly 3 years. The sub is awful. Bass is overwhelming and extremely muddy, even on the lowest setting. I used them maybe six months before going with a sub $500 2 channel setup. A pair of Athena AS-B1's and a JVC RX6042. Sound quality was a HUGE increase, even though I had no sub.