Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 5, 2008, 08:37 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

i got an x-540 and it sucked hard!!!....don't throw anything that don't have THX on it...Im an audiophile who do mastering,mixing...i need real stuff...not just little gaming stuff

Old December 5, 2008, 08:51 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeinedmundston View Post
Non thx 5.1 sucks......do you know what thx is!!!!:rtfm:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeinedmundston View Post
i got an x-540 and it sucked hard!!!....don't throw anything that don't have THX on it...Im an audiophile who do mastering,mixing...i need real stuff...not just little gaming stuff
I seriously don't know if you are trolling or not. But THX means all. It is a way for George Lucas to make more money.
Old December 5, 2008, 09:00 AM
Allstar

Exactly, THX certification doesn't mean anything. He's got to be trolling, anyone who recommends Bose speakers and who is adamant about THX....well not much more needs to be said really. Not to mention that he's mixing and mastering with Logitech speakers! Hahahaha. Sorry, but that's pretty funny.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old December 9, 2008, 07:04 AM
MVP

BOSE - Buy Other Sound Equipment
Old December 9, 2008, 07:27 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I seriously don't know if you are trolling or not. But THX means all. It is a way for George Lucas to make more money.
Agreed.. I have a pair of X-540's, and honest to god, I don't see any problems with it. I am just in a small space, so kinda hard to put speakers in areas to get proper 5.1 sound.

Sorry to go OT: Funny my mum setup matresses against the walls I use, so no speakers hanging lol.
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old December 9, 2008, 04:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Got to agree with those guys, Stay away from BOSE

So you want a set of speakers for a audiophile eh. Well in my opinions dont waste money on 5.1 speakers, they are not as great as they seem. For audiophiles speakers i said you check out the Kilpsche promedia 2.1, i think these are the best 2.1 speakers out there the mid range on the promeida is excellent.
Old December 9, 2008, 05:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ILVgeARX View Post
Got to agree with those guys, Stay away from BOSE

So you want a set of speakers for a audiophile eh. Well in my opinions dont waste money on 5.1 speakers, they are not as great as they seem. For audiophiles speakers i said you check out the Kilpsche promedia 2.1, i think these are the best 2.1 speakers out there the mid range on the promeida is excellent.
My 5.1 is perfectly fine and sounds great. Its about properly setting up the speakers which most people never do.
Old December 9, 2008, 06:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
My 5.1 is perfectly fine and sounds great. Its about properly setting up the speakers which most people never do.
well good to know. so you got any comparison or experience you want to advice?
Old December 10, 2008, 05:55 PM
Rookie

For music you are generally better off going with a stereo setup as the extra dollars you are spending for the extra 3 speakers in a 5 channel setup are better spent on a higher quality stereo pair. You might also want to check out canuckaudiomart; there are plenty of people there selling good quality used equipment for much less than you'd pay retail.