Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 6, 2009, 08:16 PM
Rookie

Thanks Robscix

Just to clarify the STX is stereo RCA analog out only. Meaning stereo or 2 channel opamps can be swapped The ST is upgradable to an expansion daughter board H6 that comes with additional multichannel analog outputs with swappable opamps that will serve my requirements of customizing the opamp for the subwoofer channel.

Its just that I use two different distinct opamps for the fronts and sub. My sytem is 2.1 analog stereo playback only.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

Last edited by morfeeus; June 6, 2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old June 7, 2009, 09:15 AM
Allstar

Yes, that seems to be about right. The way the opamps are set up on the ST, each channel has a seperate I/V opamp. So you can use one opamp for the center and one for the subwoofer.

Hope this makes sense.
Old July 31, 2009, 07:06 PM
Trial Member

Default If you record live audio, DON'T BUY THIS CARD

There is a half second delay between when you send analog audio to the line level input and when you hear it played back on the speakers. I have never had an audio card that had this problem. I talked to Asus tech support and they said there was no way around this issue. The forum for this card on their website said the same thing. It appears to be an issue with the driver.
The worst thing about this is that on the Asus website the tech specs for this card say the following:
"ASIO 2.0 Driver Support:
Supports 44.1K/48K/96K/192KHz @16/24bit with very low latency"
Very Low latency? I DON'T THINK SO.
Anything that we can hear is not low latency, let alone very low latency.
Old July 31, 2009, 07:21 PM
Allstar

Did you try setting the latency?
Old August 1, 2009, 03:34 PM
Rookie

I bought the STX about two months ago, and it sounds great with my headphones (Beyerdynamic DT660 and Grado 325is). I haven't experimented with different op-amps yet, nor have I been able to use the line-out yet: the amp in my Klipsch 5.1 speakers died awhile ago (apparently that's a common problem...) and I've been so happy with my headphones I haven't felt the need to replace the speakers (eventually I'll get around to buying a proper amp/reciever and speakers, but for now I have higher spending priorities).

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfeeus View Post
Thanks Robscix

Just to clarify the STX is stereo RCA analog out only. Meaning stereo or 2 channel opamps can be swapped The ST is upgradable to an expansion daughter board H6 that comes with additional multichannel analog outputs with swappable opamps that will serve my requirements of customizing the opamp for the subwoofer channel.

Its just that I use two different distinct opamps for the fronts and sub. My sytem is 2.1 analog stereo playback only.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
Too bad my STX won't support the H6 expansion: I don't need/want multi-channel at the moment, but it would be nice to have the option in the future. I guess this means there'll be an STX v2.0 coming out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradan View Post
The denons have sibilance issues, period.

the source is just being honest
Can you provide more information on this? Do you know if it affects the higher end D5000 and D7000 as well as the D2000's? I'd like a pair of closed headphones which sound as good as my Grados (my DT660's are closed, but I'm not completely satisfied with their sound) and the Denon's seem to be the best closed headphones available, so I'm tempted to pickup a pair...
Old December 11, 2011, 09:14 PM
Rookie

Default S/PDIF from p5k deluxe jitter vs Xonar STX

I have a P5K Deluxe which has already an S/PDIF output and I am setting my hi fi 2.1 with Integra DTR 40.2, Emotiva XPA-2 and The Philharmonics3.

Integra DTR 40.2 has 'jitter clean' processing according to its specs (still can't post links, right below I post it)

DTR 40.2 and the rest of the gear is planned to arrive next month, but I have no means to find to which level MB bit streams as expected (free from audible artifacts as jitter, buffer overflow, underflow, etc) neither to find out how well DTR 40.2 jitter clean processing works!

Is it empirical testing the only way to know how it will behave or is there anything else to consider which might be more definite?

I wouldn't like to wait until everything is set to discover I have a weak spot in MB S/PDIF, but also would not like to spend $200,00 on Xonar if it is not needed!!

Would Xonar S/PDIF output be somewhat better than MB S/PDIF, regarding any criteria??

Thanks!!
Old December 11, 2011, 09:15 PM
Rookie

Default DTR 40.2 Specs

Here it is: DTR 40.2 specs.