Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 31, 2009, 12:37 PM
Rookie

And they've rescheduled HT HD for March 2009...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzentech
Press Releases - 01.30.2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzentech
X-Fi™ HomeTheater HD Schedule Update
Auzentech's Native-PCI Express™ HDMI Soundcard Coming in Q1 2009
Santa Clara, CA–January 30, 2009: Auzentech, Inc.(Auzentech, Inc.) has revised the release date of the Auzen X-Fi™ HomeTheater HD sound card to March, 2009. The additional time is being used for an expanded round of hardware compatibility tests.
"This decision will directly benefit our customers, dealers, and distributors," said Stephane Bae, president of Auzentech, Inc. "At product release, we will have a stable product and our support staff will be familiar with a wider range of hardware combinations."
The Auzen X-Fi™ HomeTheater HD is the result of cooperation between several companies that include Auzentech, Creative Labs, Cyberlink, and Silicon Image. In November, Auzentech rescheduled product release to the end of January to coincide with a software release by one of its partners. Today's schedule change will allow Auzentech to complete its testing of the software and hardware as complete a package.
Old February 3, 2009, 11:00 AM
Allstar

Auzentech has revised the release date for the card to Q1 of 2009
Information would suggest that Cyberlink is in the process of updating the power DVD9 software which is slated for release around the same time as the HTHD is scheduled to be released. This is just guesswork based on information avilable but it makes sense and hopefully this card will be released with a version of PowerDVD9.

Here is a bit of the information from the press release:

Auzentech's Native-PCI Express™ HDMI Soundcard Coming in Q1 2009

Santa Clara, CA–January 30, 2009: Auzentech, Inc.(Auzentech, Inc.) has revised the release date of the Auzen X-Fi™ HomeTheater HD sound card to March, 2009. The additional time is being used for an expanded round of hardware compatibility tests.
"This decision will directly benefit our customers, dealers, and distributors," said Stephane Bae, president of Auzentech, Inc. "At product release, we will have a stable product and our support staff will be familiar with a wider range of hardware combinations."
The Auzen X-Fi™ HomeTheater HD is the result of cooperation between several companies that include Auzentech, Creative Labs, Cyberlink, and Silicon Image. In November, Auzentech rescheduled product release to the end of January to coincide with a software release by one of its partners. Today's schedule change will allow Auzentech to complete its testing of the software and hardware as complete a package.
Old February 4, 2009, 04:46 PM
Rookie

One more question popped into my head just now ... The HT HD will have a HDMI input, so the question is - Would it be possible for the audio card to be used as an AV capture device? Since the HDMI input is Audio/Video, it should be possible. If I connect a DVB-C or DVB-S TV Reciever through the HDMI (supposed they have such output), I should be able to record the Transport Stream (in a .TS file).
Old February 4, 2009, 05:11 PM
Banned
F@H

This is why HDCP exists...so you cannot.
Old February 5, 2009, 01:28 AM
Rookie

What is HDCP? - A Word Definition From the Webopedia Computer Dictionary
HDCP is not designed to prevent copying or recording of digital content but to protect the integrity of content as it is being transmitted.

The stream is encrypted by a key, but this key is sent to the decrypting device, so there should be a way to obtain it and use it to manually decrypt the transport stream. Otherwise how is it possible for such large quantities of HDTVRips to be available for download from the torrents?
Old February 5, 2009, 11:04 AM
Allstar

When you get the card, try it out and it us know if it works or not. At this stage of the game, your guess is as good as anybody else's. The card hasn't been released yet..
Also, copy protection is built right into the technology and HDCP is part of it. There are rips on the net because people break the copy protection/encryption.

Last edited by Robscix; February 5, 2009 at 11:23 AM.
Old March 14, 2009, 08:11 AM
Rookie

I see the card has 1.3a hdmi .. i take it you need a 1.3 amp to make full us of the card Due to HDCP and hi-def audio ..

if you have a amp under 1.3 i take it you will be limited to sound yes?
Old March 14, 2009, 10:02 AM
Allstar

Actually, no the card will offer all digital (HDMI) audio formats over anlog output also.
Old March 27, 2009, 02:27 PM
Rookie

Hi! I anticipate the release of this card with great eager. eh.

The reason is this: multichannel HDMI to a receiver. No mid-end or low-end recievers do rom correction and frequency equalizing to the analog input ext in. That means no Audyssey, YAPO or MCCE audio bubble for PC games. Imagine playing Call of duty 4 modern warfare with a receiver and good room correction. Denon 2809 for $1200 you get the best multiEQ XT, dynamic volume and advanced low frequency correction.
Old March 27, 2009, 02:37 PM
Rookie

Signature game sounds received special consideration. “A lot of attention was placed on trying to replicate the power we experienced from the Abrams' [M1A1 tank] main canon,” explains Miller. “Each single shot is actually broken down into four separate components: The first two are the 3-D positional crack and boom of the initial part of the sound. The next part is the 3-D positional tail or decay. The fourth part is a stereo sweetener that envelops the player, playing out of both the front-left and -right speakers, but also the surround speakers.”
Mix magazine profiles the Infinity Ward videogame title Call of Duty 4, a first person shooter video game featured in Mix magazine February 2008

I first heard Audyssey demo'ed at the CEDIA convention last fall in Denver. Mike Thuresson, Audyssey Installer Program Manager, demo'ed a clip from the movie "Open Range". The demo was held in a tiny hotel room, maybe 18'X 20'. Mike played chapter 7 - a huge rainstorm with thunder. With Auyssey out, the front imaging was very good. I heard distinct sounds from the front left, center and front right speakers but very little from the surround channels. The thunder claps also sounded good from the sub. But when Mike switched Audyssey in (via the front panel bypass control), the audio suddenly surrounded me and I could hear distinct rain drops coming from all 5 speakers. The low frequency thunder claps shook me down to my feet. Mike referred to this as Audyssey creating an "Audio Bubble" around the listening area. What really amazed me was after I received and calibrated Audyssey in my home system, I tried the exact same movie clip and experienced the same "audio bubble" I heard during Mike's demo. The point is - this thing really works and works well!
"Official" Audyssey thread. - AVS Forum

Film composers, musicians, and audio engineers create the mixes of your favorite movies and music at reference levels much louder than typical home listening levels. At a lower playback volume, voices change, bass disappears, and the surround soundstage becomes less enveloping. Now, Dynamic EQ lets you enjoy the original rich sound at any volume.
Audyssey Welcomes You

1. Do game makers create the games audio at reference level?
2. Would you setup any bass management or speaker size in Windows, or let receiver/room correction handle it?
3. What about movies and the .1 (LFE) channel 10db quieter than the rest of the channels?
4. If you must set speaker mode in the game, and there are only 5.1 option, how would that work out on a 7.1 setup? Would windows extrapolate the extra channels or can the receiver do it?
5. Do game sound engines have access to the .lfe channel, or is it just used to route bass from speakers set to "small" in windows?