Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 26, 2008, 10:16 AM
Rookie

Yeah "ok", but thats it.

Ok , Dynamic Range / SNR is actually a bigger marketing factor than a true imortant factor.
These Numbers are good enough for the speakers and headphones of 99% of all users, but they are not "state of the art".
The big advantages of theAuzen X-Fi Home Theater are clearly the digital connections.
The analog part is more something like a compromise due to the limited space.

I like Soundcards with a high end analog part for maximal headphone listening quality.
If i had a wish granted i would choose a PCIe Prelude with the new X-Fi Chip + a good headphone amplifier.
A combination of the Prelude and these two new cards. 1 & 2

@Robscix
Are you shure you can handle a true neutral review ?
Sorry, it looks like you dont want to read ANY "not so good" opinion about the X-Fi Home Theater.
Is this the price for exclusive informations from the manufacturer ?
Old October 26, 2008, 10:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliostro View Post
@Robscix
Are you shure you can handle a true neutral review ?
Sorry, it looks like you dont want to read ANY "not so good" opinion about the X-Fi Home Theater.
Is this the price for exclusive informations from the manufacturer ?
Are you sure you can handle not posting baseless inflammatory remarks ?
Old October 26, 2008, 11:02 AM
Allstar

@Calistro, I was asking what he sees as wrong, Some people don't understand what they are looking at with regards to specifications as many companies don't follow any type of standard. If I understand what he sees as wrong I can explain it as I was understanding he is seeing a mistake or error in the specifications. You seem to be misunderstand what I wrote.

Last edited by Robscix; October 26, 2008 at 11:30 AM.
Old October 26, 2008, 11:32 AM
Rookie

What I see as wrong?

Simple.

In the specifications sheet for anolog output there is obvious written 48 Khz instead of 96 Khz
So I should conclude it seems this new Auzentech can't handle 96 Khz through analog out.

Maybe I am totally wrong.
So correct me than, please.

At the moment I use the Terratec Aureon Space 7.1 which can handle 96 Khz through analog out. Keep in mind this is an older audio card without PAP chip for high resolution lossless audio.

Last edited by w8andc; October 26, 2008 at 11:40 AM.
Old October 26, 2008, 11:39 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8andc View Post
What I see as wrong?

Simple.

In the specifications sheet for anolog output there is obvious written 48 Khz instead of 96 Khz
So I should conclude it seems this new Auzentech can't handle 96 Khz through analog out.

Maybe I am totally wrong.
So correct me than, please.

At the moment I use the Terratec Aureon Space 7.1 which can handle 96 Khz through analog out. Keep in mind this is an older audio card without PAP chip for high resolution lossless audio.
This just means the cards was measured at this point for the specifications. As I said, companies don't follow any standards of listing for the them. The card can handle 24/96 in full surround in analog mode and 24/192 in analog stereo mode according to the specifications further down the specifications sheet you see this:

Supported audio resolution and sampling rate
16/24-bit / up to 192 kHz (Stereo playback)
16/24-bit / up to 96.0 kHz (Multi channel playback)
16/24-bit / up to 96 kHz (Recording)

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Robscix; October 26, 2008 at 12:11 PM.
Old October 26, 2008, 05:50 PM
Rookie

Thank you very much to clarify this!

I'm looking forward to this audio card.
Hopefully comming soon and with less problems and better drivers as the Asus one.
Old October 29, 2008, 05:23 PM
Allstar

The Auzen HTHD 7.1 HDMI 1.3 card is confirmed to have support for 1080p/24p for those that are looking for this support for their displays.
Old November 1, 2008, 08:52 AM
Allstar

To help calrify a few details about the card below are two diagrams, The first is a representation of the analog I/O break out cable included in the bundle for the Auzen Home theater card. The wording is a bit small so from top to bottom we have: Microphone Input, Line Input, Front channel Outputs, Rear channel Output, Centre/Subwoofer channel Outputs and Side channel Outputs.
The second diagram is a prepresentation of the I/O sheild of the card, you can clearly see where each connector is for the various signals which are labeled. The digrams were positioned below to show you where the analog I/O cable will connet to the HTHD card. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Robscix; November 1, 2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old November 1, 2008, 10:42 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robscix View Post
The Auzen HTHD 7.1 HDMI 1.3 card is confirmed to have support for 1080p/24p for those that are looking for this support for their displays.

are you going to test this 1080p/24fps when you get a working sample?
Old November 1, 2008, 10:58 AM
Allstar

I cannot really say what will happen down the road just have to wait and see how things play out.