Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 4, 2009, 02:21 PM
Allstar

Thank you. Yes, things are alright.
Old September 2, 2009, 07:49 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

FYI, all discussion about the X-Fi Hometheater HD has been moved to its own thread.

Auzentech X-FI Home Theater HD - First Video Demo
Old September 3, 2009, 01:57 PM

My System Specs

$300!?! What was Auzentech thinking. Why spend that much on a card when a $150 Xonar HDAV1.3 Slim will do the same thing. Why do they even offer analog on a card like this. People are only going to use an HDMI 1.3 soundcard if you have a good receiver to go with it. If they wanted to use a good analog soundcard, a sub $100 Xonar DX or a Forte would out-perform this thing.

Silly silly Auzen.....
Old September 3, 2009, 03:22 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
$300!?! What was Auzentech thinking. Why spend that much on a card when a $150 Xonar HDAV1.3 Slim will do the same thing. Why do they even offer analog on a card like this. People are only going to use an HDMI 1.3 soundcard if you have a good receiver to go with it. If they wanted to use a good analog soundcard, a sub $100 Xonar DX or a Forte would out-perform this thing.

Silly silly Auzen.....
Ya, I saw the price and was like "thanks, i'll pass".

Have to say that I am getting pretty sick of all the licensing retarding all this hardware. Would get the Xonar HDA1.3 but I want to use whatever software I want to play my content through.
Old September 3, 2009, 03:27 PM

My System Specs

IMO the best solution is buying AnyDVD HD, and copy your entire BD library to your HDD's. My ~ 100 BD's/HDDVD's only took like 2TB. I converted all the soundtracks to FLAC so they still remain 24-bit. And the best thing is that I can use any DirectShow player w/ ffdshow to get perfect playback. Never have to deal with the crappy PowerDVD/TMT software.
Old September 3, 2009, 10:56 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
IMO the best solution is buying AnyDVD HD, and copy your entire BD library to your HDD's. My ~ 100 BD's/HDDVD's only took like 2TB. I converted all the soundtracks to FLAC so they still remain 24-bit. And the best thing is that I can use any DirectShow player w/ ffdshow to get perfect playback. Never have to deal with the crappy PowerDVD/TMT software.
In a nutshell what I do too, but sometimes I like to just rent a movie and pop it in the drive and watch it. So far I cannot do that without another $300 nail in the wallet. This card is just too much money to consider for that convenience. So what I am left with is an hours worth of work prior to watching a movie

Perhaps it will come down in price or I will find one used.

One saving grace is I bought AnyDVD HD when it was lifetime updates, now it is subscription. That alon should save me enough money to buy this card
Old September 6, 2009, 04:39 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Silly silly Auzen.....
The auzen one uses the pcie xfi chip and certain games, like Battlefield 2 and Quake Wars sounds so much better in EAX 5.1 then software or OpenAL. Also I prefer the lower audio latency ALchemy and DirectSound provides. Some games have almost one second audio delay these days...
Old September 17, 2009, 07:30 AM
Allstar

Quote:

Silly silly Auzen.....
They offer analog as there are many different user types and not all will use it with a seperate receiver. I think one of the greatest features of this card is the person can bypass the receiver altogether and output DolbyTrueHD and DTS-MA through the cards analog outputs. As for the price..cards are always pricey when first released especially when they offer something new to the community. Wait....prices drop.
Actually, for analog this card is very nice. Especially if you pop in a new opamp.
Old September 17, 2009, 12:11 PM
Rookie

- uses cheep sounding dac (cirrus logic cs4382a) for 340.00 they should of used (4) 2 ch burr brown dacs like the asus card got. no bluray player with card, it cost 90.00 extra. displays false info on both the reciever an power dvd 9 ultra(pcm,bit,ch,kpbs etc) no hdcp 1.1 support only 1.2, has me blocked from watching high def movies on my plasma hdtv (poineer pdp-5020fd)
1.will not play 7.1 pcm 24/192. 2. 7.1ch pcm 24/96 will not play if x-fi cmss is disabled. 3. will not stream internet radio (pandora) 7.1ch pcm 24/192,only 7.1 ch pcm 24/96,2 ch if x-fi cmss is disabled.

Newegg.com - AuzenTech AZT-XFHTHD 24-bit 192KHz PCI Express X-Fi HOMETHEATER HD Audio Card - Sound Cards

Isn't CMSS needed to upmix 5.1 audio to 7.1?
Old October 8, 2009, 12:33 PM
Rookie

Firmware update should fix Denon bitstream static problem.

Auzentech Sound Card Announcements: Audio You Can Believe In. World First soundcards for Music, HTPC, and Gaming.