Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 12, 2008, 05:54 AM
Allstar

Default New Recording Card From Auzentech

Infrasonic WINDY 6

Recently Auzentech announced they would be handling the North American distributorship of the highly successful SIM's audio group product line. The new audio product line will be concentrating mainly on the flagship Infrasonic and Jam Mate Professional recording product line ups. Auzentech has added a variety of new high quality professional grade recording products to their current audio device roster from the Sims products line-ups. This new Auzen line-up boasts studio grade A/D reference monitors, PCI based soundcards, USB audio stations, FireWire recording Modules and Midi Products with more to be added.

The HWC audio lab gained preliminary information, specifications and pictures of the new high featured IEEE 1394 fire Wire recording card that Auzentech will be adding to their ever-expanding professional recording product group. This recording module has been in development at Infrasonic and was shown at the NAMM 2008 convention. Ladies and Gentlemen may we present the new Infrasonic Windy6 professional 24/192Khz audio recording interface.

Click Picture to Zoom In

The front of the Windy6 is outfitted with Line-Input/Microphone input connectors which use the highly versatile NEUTRIK® type connector style which can accept a variety of different cable/jack types from TRS jacks to XLR types. There are also high swing GAIN controls for both front input channels for microphone or low gain signals. There is also +48V phantom power options available on the device for high quality condenser microphone types that require the extra power. For Headphone monitoring there is a front accessible high quality headphone amplifier output stage with adjustable volume control.

Click Picture to Zoom In

The rear I/O panel of the Windy6 interface is loaded with I/O connectors; we can see the FireWire I/O, S/PDIF Digital input and output, 16 Channels of Midi through the DIN connectors, 4 TRS outputs and the remaining 2 TRS analog inputs. There is also a power connector present for additional power for the Windy6 Pro-Audio Interface. There are also effect send and return for outboard effects units which is a great addition for a recording card. This card also features a versatile Software suite, the new Windy6 is armed with the Magix Samplitude 9SE and Traktor 3 LE -DJ Software. With the FireWire interface and modular design, this card would be perfect for portable recording application and quick on the spot inspirational tracks.

Full Features

• 6-in/ 6-out FireWire High-Performance Audio/MIDI interface
• 4-in/4-out analog I/O, 2-in/2-out S/PDIF I/O

• 4 balanced inputs
- 2 x NEUTRIK® XLR/TRS combo jack, 2 x 1/4inch TRS phone jack
- Flexible Line/Hi-Z input
- A/D converter: Dynamic Range 113dBA

• 2 x MIC pre-amp features on front panel
- +48V Phantom power
- Channel Insert 1/2 for connecting serial out board effects

• 4 Servo-balanced outputs (1/4inch TRS phone jack)
- D/A converter: Dynamic Range 115dBA

• Coaxial type S/PDIF I/O
• Supports up to 24-bit/192kHz
• 16ch MIDI I/O
• Affordable 2 FireWire ports – for linking multiple devices
• Heavy-Duty Aluminum body
• Hi-gain and Hi-powered class AB headphone amps
• Controllable mixer level between output 1/2 and output 3/4
• ASIO2, WDM, DirectSound supports
• Core audio/ Core MIDI supports

HWC, will keep this thread updated with new information as it becomes available.

Last edited by SKYMTL; October 13, 2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old October 12, 2008, 10:55 AM
Hall Of Fame

Wow thats pretty cool.

Will the firewire bus tho be really that useful?

Not many people have firewire in their machines and to top it off can firewire actually have enough bandwidth to do this?
Old October 12, 2008, 11:08 AM
Banned
F@H

Yep, pls keep me updated on this one. I'll buy one. WTF is up with this thread, BTW?
Old October 12, 2008, 05:52 PM
Allstar

Yes the Firewire spec has more then enought bandwidth for Pro audio. The bus is a great idea as you can daisy chain multiple modules together for more I/O.
Old October 12, 2008, 06:31 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Wow thats pretty cool.

Will the firewire bus tho be really that useful?

Not many people have firewire in their machines and to top it off can firewire actually have enough bandwidth to do this?
Firewire has both more bandwidth than USB AND it doesn't rely on the CPU for transmission. It's superior to USB in every possible way.
1x 8800 Ultra --> Sony GDM-FW900 + LVM-37w3se // HT Omega Striker ~ (optical) Pioneer SE-DIR800C ~+ SE-DHP800 / HD 280 Pro
Old October 12, 2008, 06:37 PM
Allstar

I have a worked with a few firewire audio devices on both PC and Apple platforms and they worked without a hitch.
There is another card in the line up called the DEUX.... it is a 2 X 4 and is also firewire. I really like the idea of the IEEE1394 Bus for expandability.
Old October 12, 2008, 07:09 PM
Banned
F@H

Firewire has been used at the pro level for digital device connections, audio/video, for a while now. It'd be incomplete without it.
Old October 13, 2008, 05:14 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Thread is fixed. Seems there was some issue with the dates.
Old October 13, 2008, 05:40 PM
Allstar

Thx...
Old October 17, 2008, 10:50 PM

My System Specs

Hopefully it will have OS X support. Hopefully reasonably priced as well.