Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 4, 2008, 05:48 PM
Rookie

Default HELP! Asus P5E3-Deluxe-WiFi-AP. Sound bugged!

Hello. I recently bought Asus P5E3-Deluxe-WiFi-AP and I got an annoying sound problem. Everything I hear on the computer (songs, ingame sounds, voices on teamspeak...) is reproduced on the microphone. It's irritating, especially when I use some voice program like teamspeak or skype, because the other person speaks and hears the "echo" of his own voice, or any other sound I am listening to in my computer.
Before someone asks, I use a headset, so the problem is the sound configuration.
Every buddy that tried to help me with this problem have sound cards whose drivers allow the user to set the "line volume" (I guess it's how it is said in english, since I've only read this in portuguese "volume de linha"). Setting this "line volume" to no sound solves the problem for them, but my sound card's driver doesn't allow it.

Does anyone have any clues?
I don't know if it helps, or even if there is any difference, but I use the frontal jacks from my cabinet (Maxxtro's Jupiter), not the jacks on the sound card itself (that are located on the cabinet's back).

Thanks a lot and sorry for the bad english.
Old October 4, 2008, 05:52 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Have you tried using the rear jacks in case your front panel jacks aren't plugged in correctly?

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old October 4, 2008, 05:58 PM
Rookie

Well, in fact i just realized that the problem happens even if I don't use any jack. Just joining teamspeak now and the sound message "member joined" was "said" by my computer to the other members, without any microphones or speakers connected...
Old October 4, 2008, 06:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPZ View Post
Well, in fact i just realized that the problem happens even if I don't use any jack. Just joining teamspeak now and the sound message "member joined" was "said" by my computer to the other members, without any microphones or speakers connected...
I'm going to say this sounds like something you have setup in your teamspeak to broadcast this message.
Old October 4, 2008, 06:12 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
I'm going to say this sounds like something you have setup in your teamspeak to broadcast this message.
Not really. It's the usual message teamspeak broadcasts any time someone joins the server. The problem is that every member listens to its own "member joined" message, generated by its own computer. But my computer "said" the message, because it "heard" it. It's the same thing when I turn on some music on my computer. Everyone listens to the music, even if there is NO microphone and NO speaker connected on my computer. The same thing happens on skype, for example.
Old October 4, 2008, 06:22 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Have you tried a different headset?

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old October 4, 2008, 06:42 PM
Allstar

Sounds like your system is broadcasting through your "MIX" or WAVE. This is why whatever you have playing others can hear.... -Your mixer is recording through the wave ouput..or something similar to that...
check your playback and recording mixers....this should be where the trouble is.
As for getting feedback from other sources.
To note, your card has two mixers, you don't want to playback the Microphone into the speakers as you will get feedback, so this should be muted in the playback mixer. The mic can still record without playing back...

Last edited by Robscix; October 4, 2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old October 4, 2008, 06:43 PM
Rookie

I tried NO headset and the problem continues... :(
Old October 4, 2008, 06:50 PM
Allstar

check your mixers.
Old October 4, 2008, 08:12 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robscix View Post
check your mixers.
I did. And I put all the "recording" volumes, except the microphone, on "no sound" AND mute. I think the problem is this driver (soundMAX) that keeps me from setting this specific channel to mute.