Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 5, 2008, 09:05 AM
Allstar

Well that is definatley where the trouble is. Have you ever considered getting a soundcard?
You can try newer driver from the Mobo manufuacturer if you haven't. You can also usually get Beta drivers from the soundchip manufacturer if you can find them.
Old October 5, 2008, 09:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I have this board and I can say for certain that the onboard sound is pure garbage and I could never get it to work properly. I strongly suggest buying a soundcard. The ASUS Xonar DX2 is the best possible card in my opinion, although you will hear just as strong of an opinion on the Auzentech Prelude. Either way, those are the best 2 choices. Don't waste any more time on this onboard chipset. ASUS should be ashamed of themselves for using such poor quality onboard sound solutions if you ask me.
Old October 5, 2008, 09:59 AM
Allstar

Dodgy drivers, bad sound qulaity no features....many of the reason we suggest moving to add-in soundcard. You don;t need to spend much money to get decent sound quality.
Old October 20, 2008, 01:54 PM
Trial Member

Looks like your're from Brazil, well I'm brazilian too.

I have a friend that have an Asus P5K-SE and this exact same problem. He already bought an Audigy SE 7.1 and the problem persists. Changing the sound card does not solve the problem.

Did you find the solution for this problem?

I'll paste below the post that I made in some forums, but with no luck yet.

Quote:
A friend of mine bought an Asus P5K-SE and since then I am suffering the consequences.

That's what happens: Every sound that is reproduced in the computer (windows sounds, music, games, etc) is transmitted through the microphone like if he has selected to record from Mixer instead of Mic.

We talk a lot through Skype, mainly to play online FPS and I can hear him (microphone) with no problems, but in background I can hear ALL the sounds that his computer is playing.

At first it sounded like a configuration problem in the onboard sound drivers, but looks like it's a bit more complicated. Here's a list of what we already tried, with no success:

- Changed every single setting in mixer (muted almost everything). Dozens of combinations.

- Uninstalled and re-installed many times many driver versions.

- Used the front panel connectors.

- Disconnected the front panel from the motherboard.

- Changed the headset.

Well, that's the beginning. Tired of all this and confident that it was an onboard sound bug, he bought an Audigy SE 7.1, and the problem persists, even in the new "offboard" sound card.

- Changed every single setting in Audigy's mixer.

- Tested more than one version of Audigy drivers.

- Disabled the onboard sound in the system BIOS.

- Formatted the system (Windows XP) and reinstalled everything from scratch.

- Formatted the system again, now with Vista 64, again everything from scratch.

Nothing, absolutely nothing solves the problem. We changed the drivers, the OS, the soundcard! And nothing changed.

I can't figure out what's the problem now, I tested everything that came to mind.

Another example: If I'm talking to him using Skype, and another person is also talking to him through Google Talk, I can hear the other person talking and I can even talk to the other person through his system.

If we are playing in opposite teams, I can hear what the opponents are saying in the other team.

The background sound isn't perfect, but is clear and loud enough that I can understand what the other person is saying.

Do you have any other idea that we should try?