Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 29, 2008, 09:46 AM
Allstar

Default New Card: HT Omega Claro Halo!

Hey Fellow audio nuts, Recently HT Omega Announced they will be releaseing a new soundcard based on the CM-8788 Chipset. This new card is designed for the best sound quality possible and features a high end onboard headphone amplifier capable of driving high impedance headphones. This is the HT Omega Claro Halo. This card feature analog output through the headphone amplifer and surround sound via digital I/O ala' Dolby Digital Live and DTS-C.
They also announced this card will features a daughter board that allows full 7.1 analog surround sound output through fully replacable opamps and quality RCA output connectors.

SPECIFICATIONS

C-Media Oxygen HD CMI8788 Audio Processor:

TPA6120A2 - Built in 120dB Headphone AMP IC from TI supports up to 600ohm headphone

Jumper switch to select different impedance level of headphone.

High Quality RCA connectors for each analog outputs.

24-bit/192kHz AK4396VF (120dB-part spec.) DAC
24-bit/192kHz AK5385BVF ADC for line input
Integrated up to 192k/24-bit S/PDIF high grade special Optical output (up to 5.1ch output)
Integrated up to 192k/24-bit S/PDIF high grade special Optical receiver
Supports onboard Coaxial or CD Digital input connector (An optional Cable (CA-1) is needed for Coaxial input connection)

Supports onboard 2pin digital output connector (An optional Cable (CA-1) is needed for Coaxial output connection)

Standard 10pin Front Panel Audio supports: connectivity for stereo audio output and a microphone input from PC case

Accessories;
- 10ft (3m) optical digital cable
- RCA cable
- RCA-Stereo convertor
- Stereo extension cable

Operating systems: Microsoft Windows VISTA, VISTA (x64), XP, XP (x64).

Claro HALO: LINK
Claro HALO XT: LINK

We will keep this thread updated..

Last edited by Robscix; September 29, 2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old October 1, 2008, 01:34 PM
Allstar

The TPA6120A2 is very nice. They are definitely aiming this at headphone enthusiasts. Unfortunately for me, I use headphones through my Dolby Headphone receiver for DTS/AC3 passthrough (and DTS Connect when I'm not watching a TV show or film), so it's of no use to me.
Old October 1, 2008, 01:58 PM
Allstar

This card also has Dolby headphone and a full complement of related technologies from both Dolby and DTS.
I think they are aiming this card at audio enthusiats period. The components, design etc are all factors in making this card sound the best it can. This card also has very impressive specificaitons and the 8788 chipset is behind some of the best card ever built like the X-Meridian 7.1.
Old October 1, 2008, 02:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've been thinking of putting a sound card in before Fallout 3 arrives on my door step. This or even the plain Claro might be just the ticket. Thanks for the info.

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!
Old October 1, 2008, 02:29 PM
Allstar

I would go with this one. Give you plenty of room to dial in the sound Via' opamps. You can increase the sound quality of a soundcard by quite alot by changing out the opamps.