Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 24, 2008, 07:39 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Default Noctua NH-C12P CPU Cooler Review comment thread

It is that time again and this time we took a close look at a very nice Noctua downdraft cooler. All in all its a well built piece of kit, but due to a high price tag Noctua has handicapped it to a certain extent.

You can read my review here: Noctua Downdraft

Hope you enjoy it!
AkG

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old July 24, 2008, 11:14 AM
Top Prospect

Default Reply

Yay first post. Nice review AkG, very elaborative. I just think your charts need some spice. It's too bad this cooler doesn't support push-pull fans, stupid downdraft cooler. I'm sure if they copper-plated the cooler, it still wouldn't be that heavy.
Old July 28, 2008, 02:44 AM
Rookie

I'd like to see Hardware Canucks compare this Noctua to the Thermalright SI-128 SE recently reviewed at X-bit labs (X-bit labs - Younger Brother, Elder Brother: Thermalright Ultra-120 A and Thermalright SI-128 SE Coolers (page 5))

You should be all over this AkG since you love downdraft's :P
Old July 28, 2008, 06:21 AM
Rookie

I like the pictures. Can you tell me what did you use to get a perfect white background?
Old July 28, 2008, 07:09 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

It could be anything white as long as you turn the exposure up on your camera and then do a bit of Photoshop touchup.
Old July 28, 2008, 06:14 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Like SKY said, +3/4 exposure, a GOOD lightbooth, 6 23wat "Daylight" CFLs for lighting, a tripod and take LOTS and LOTS of photos. I usualy take a couple GBs per review and then just use the best.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old July 28, 2008, 11:29 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the reply guys. I always wanted to do this for the stuff I sell on ebay and for the hardware I have. AkG, can you tell me approx. how much these things would cost? A light booth is the same as a light tent, eh?