Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 29, 2008, 02:34 AM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti View Post
I currently have the Scythe fan controller, and the bottom line of text is blue from my angle. It is at the bottom of my desk and I can actually see the numbers quite clearly. If you don't plug in the temp probes, they wouldn't flash zero, they would just be 0.0C, no flashing.
Doh, I have been missinformed. I would have bought one weeks ago. Grrr.
Oh well, I plan to repaint the front of the Sunbeam all black for a stealthy look. I may end up getting the Sythe anyways as it is very sleek looking.

Here is the splitter in stock for $1.27 NXSource.com - Buy 6 in. TX3 Fan Power Splitter Cable
Old June 29, 2008, 02:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreqE1 View Post
Oh well, I plan to repaint the front of the Sunbeam all black for a stealthy look. I may end up getting the Sythe anyways as it is very sleek looking.
You should paint the Sunbeam AND get the Scythe fan controller, thats what I am going to do. I got the Scythe one early because the Sunbeam one was not in stock at NCIX, but now it is..I like my Scythe.. So sleek and shiny..
Old June 29, 2008, 02:44 AM
MVP
F@H

Exactly what happened to me. I'd been waiting for the Sunbeams and jumped on it as soon as they got them in.

I'll end up getting the Sythe soon as I really like the look of it. To run both I'll have to make my card reader into an external but that's another fun mod project. Thanks for the info on that by the way.
Old June 29, 2008, 02:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

No problem, thats what forum members do for each other, right?

You should look here: The CM 690 Case thread - Page 17 - XtremeSystems Forums

Most of those systems on that page have the Kaze Master in them, so look at them, it will make you want it even more.
Old June 29, 2008, 03:01 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreqE1 View Post

Here is the splitter in stock for $1.27 NXSource.com - Buy 6 in. TX3 Fan Power Splitter Cable
yea but if i get that by itself the shipping and stuff will add like 20 bucks

im going to take my chances with the NCIX one
Old June 29, 2008, 03:04 AM
MVP
F@H

Yeah, those look great! It was in a thread in the NCIX forums where I read that the LEDs were green on the 2nd line but obviously thats not true.

I have the Antec 1200 and want to replace all my fans with Noctuas and S-Flexes but the fan controllers that come with the case only work with the Tri-cools.

Here is a link to what I've done with it so far
NCIX FORUMS - My Antec 1200 Build

Right now I have all the fans running off a terminal block but that will change once the fan controller(s) arrive.
Old June 29, 2008, 03:07 AM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentalish View Post
yea but if i get that by itself the shipping and stuff will add like 20 bucks

im going to take my chances with the NCIX one
Someone on the NCIX forum stated that when they ordered simular cables that were out of stock they got them pretty quick. Hope it works out that way for you.
Old June 29, 2008, 04:49 AM
Rookie

was wondering if somone can help me out

this computer case has 3 diff controllers I was wondering what the 3 fan controller is. thanks for all your help after I order all my stuff I will for sure post pictures and specs
Old June 29, 2008, 05:39 AM
Rookie

since this topic is still on the top of the list.. was wondering if someone could tell me how to do a push pull config with the Thermalright ULTRA-120 Extreme. like what way the fans should be facing and how to hold the second fan in place. maybe a tut or somthing on how to do it would be nice to.

Thanks again for all your help.... why is my writing blue it musta been from me copying and pasting text.
Old June 29, 2008, 08:28 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentalish View Post
since this topic is still on the top of the list.. was wondering if someone could tell me how to do a push pull config with the Thermalright ULTRA-120 Extreme. like what way the fans should be facing and how to hold the second fan in place. maybe a tut or somthing on how to do it would be nice to.

Thanks again for all your help.... why is my writing blue it musta been from me copying and pasting text.
You need to buy another set of fan clips. Otherwise you need to get creative with zip ties. Just don't use rubber bands as they may dry out and snap.

You make one fan push and the other fan pull. Don't know how to really explain it. Basically you mount both fans the same way so one fan you'll see the "front" and the other fan you'll see the "back" (side with the plastic support frame)