Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 11, 2016, 05:48 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Cooler Master MasterAir Maker 8 Cooler Review Comment Thread

Quote:
$130. Would you pay that amount of money for a CPU air cooler? Not many would but after seeing Cooler Master's MasterAir Maker 8 in action you may change your mind.
Read more here: Cooler Master MasterAir Maker 8 Cooler Review
Old February 11, 2016, 09:29 PM
F@H

My System Specs

They have a good theory on it, just poor design choices.
Sucks really, I was hoping it would be something more.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 11, 2016, 09:39 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Ditto.... The NH-D15/U14S still seems like the best bet for a high-end air cooler
Old February 11, 2016, 09:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Nice to see innovation in the air cooler market for a change. However, that price is just crazy. Drop it down to a price near Noctua and there will be a real competition....otherwise it will be a premium, but low volume cooler that will fade away. I guess we can hope some of its tech will trickle down into cheaper models in the future.
Old February 12, 2016, 01:28 PM
Rookie

Um, the 3 graphs in the Stock Fan Performance Results at the top of page 3 are all the same.
Old February 12, 2016, 02:42 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Yeah, it was tripled for some reason.
Old February 12, 2016, 04:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I had the same sentiments as most when I read the review. Oddly enough, just the other day I was thinking how there hasn't been an air cooler review in a while and assumed that it was pretty much due to there being only so many ways to reinvent the wheel so to speak.

Neat to see a new approach to a air cooler, and I still think air coolers are probably a better choice for a lot of users, but in this case the price just kills any reason to pick it up. If they can come up with further coolers based on this that are more inline with competition's pricing, it'll have been a good first step, but that's about it. I paid pretty handsomely for my Prolimatech Megashadow back in the day, but that was still way less than this and it was pretty much tops for air cooling at the time. Fortunately it's served me on two X58s, and two Z97s so I feel like it's gotten it's dollar worth.

Though I definitely give CM credit on styling their Coolers, this and the 'V10/V12 ' (or whatever 'V'XX they were, can't remember off the top of my head) were really nice looking air coolers.
Old February 12, 2016, 06:21 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeKnight View Post
but in this case the price just kills any reason to pick it up....
Yes, it's EXPENSIVE, but how often do you replace an air cooler? It's stock fan performance bests that of the NH-D15! For me, however, it was the difficulty of installation that won't alter my plans to pick of a Noctua heatsink when I upgrade.
Old February 13, 2016, 10:08 AM
MVP

This is the first air cooler I've seen with better AMD installation than Intel, so at least it's unique in that respect.