Old December 2, 2013, 02:11 PM
Rookie

Default **CRYORIG releases R1 Ultimate & R1 Univeral coolers!**

News release from CRYORIG
Quote:
We are proud to Introduce to you CRYORIG

CRYORIG LLC, announces the arrival of the R1,
CRYORIG’s first flagship CPU cooler.

Officially founded in 2013, CRYORIG is a fresh new comer to the PC peripherals and Cooling market but with a core team of seasoned veterans. Our team’s resume include experiences with renowned brands such Thermalright, Prolimatech and Phanteks. With our experience and drive for innovation and improvement we are proud to present our very first flagship dual tower solution, the CRYORIG R1.

The R1 is an accumulation of years of research and design. Putting good use to our multiple manufacturing and design patents, the CRYORIG R1 is jam packed with multiple one of a kind features. The long list of features include our patented DirectCompress™ full contact soldering process, Jet Fin Acceleration System™, Heatpipe Convex-Align™ and Displacement Optimization™ Systems.

The R1 will be featured in two flavors, the R1 Universal and the R1 Ultimate. The R1 Ultimate will have two XF140’s full 140x26mm fans, and the ability to add a third XF140. The Universal version features one XF140 and a thin profile 140x13mm XT140 silent performance fan, offering terrific performance with almost no tradeoff for performance and compatibility.

The CRYORIG R1 Ultimate, XF140 and XT140 are set for release on January of 2014 and the R1 Universal is set at February 2014 for select countries.

Please visit CRYORIG | Research Idea Gear for the latest product information and release dates.
Looks like it should be a very nice cooler. Ticks all the boxes; PWM fans, offset to clear RAM not too wide, not too tall, good mount design.

CRYORIG R1

Last edited by doyll; January 30, 2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old December 5, 2013, 12:53 PM

My System Specs

Aesthetics wise it looks pretty damn good.
Old December 5, 2013, 01:16 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Wow.

/5char
Old December 5, 2013, 02:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Looking at the name and logo reminds me of something...

Last edited by Caldezar; December 5, 2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old December 5, 2013, 09:00 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

This would be great backup for my Swiftech H320 incase its pump dies needs a Rma.

Last edited by Shadowarez; January 1, 2014 at 06:19 AM.
Old December 6, 2013, 09:37 AM
F@H

My System Specs

That is one potent looking cooler. Would love to test one of those out,

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 30, 2014, 05:04 PM
Rookie

Sorry I haven't posted more info. Have been testing mine and love it. Mounting is a breeze, everything works like it says on the tin, couldn't be happier.

Running it on a different setup than I used for Phanteks PH-TC14PE and Silver Arrow SB-E (GA-EX58-UD3R died; replaced with GA-X58A-UD3R) so can't really compare until I do some more testing with them on this motherboard. But as it stands right now I believe it is cooling better than they did by 2-4c. In fact I think it's very close to Silver Arrow SB-E with TY-143 130cfm 2500rpm fans. And when I tested the I tested 14PE with TY-143 fans it was 2-4c cooler than SA SB-E E. I have not ran they TY-143 fans on R1 Ultimate yet but do plan to at some point.

Needless to say I plan on keeping this one for some time. :D

CryOrig has released the line of R1 Ultimate, R1 Universal (has better RAM clearance), XT140 fan and XF140 fan in Japan, Korea, Tiawan and Germany now. The MSRP is $89.90 US but the German internet price is € 69.90.. Subract 19% VAT and that is closer to $79.00. UK price is supposed to be £55 (£46 + VAT) according to Vortez.. although I have not seen anyone advertising it here yet. If that is true than about $76.00.

Vortez comparison of R1 Ultimate show:
Silver Arrow SB-E Extreme 2.6c cooler,
Silverstone HE01 is only 0.5c cooler,
Dark Rock Pro 2 is 4.1c warmer,
NH-D14 SE2011 is 7.9c warmer.

Vortez only monitors room ambient instead of monitoring the temperature of air going into cooler / radiator. Not using cooler/radiator intake air temp when testing in a case means CLCs have definite advantage over air coolers because
  • they move more air through case (their fans are additional exhaust from case)
  • they dump all their own heated air outside of case
  • air coolers dump their heated air inside of case
  • raising the case air temperature
  • every degree warmer the air going into cooler/radiator is translates to about a degree warmer the CPU is
My hypothesis is that is why results of reviewers using case testing systems show CLCs having cooler CPU temps than top air coolers.. while open bench test station results show CLC and air coolers temps being very similar.

Regardless. I monitor air temp going into cooler. That's the critical temperature, not what the room temp is.
I know

Last edited by doyll; January 31, 2014 at 05:45 AM.
Old February 4, 2014, 07:53 AM
Rookie

Another Cryorig R1 Ultimate review is out!
NIKK Tech shows XSPC Raystorm 750 EX280 being 4.6c cooler than Cryorig R1 Ultimate. Interesting how a cooler (H2O) costing almost 3 times as much is only 4.6c cooler. ;)