Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 29, 2008, 10:04 AM
Top Prospect

Exclamation Question on installing OCZ Vendetta

I try to install the OCZ Vendetta on an Asus P5K board..push 2 opposites push-pins at sametime but one always pop out...I find something called

Thermalright LGA775 BOLT-THRU Kit

which u can replace the push-pins with the face-plate..Did anyone try it? Does it work for OCZ Vendetta and Vendetta 2?

Thanks!
Old April 29, 2008, 10:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Check to make sure push pins are oriented properly. From what I have read it is easy to damage the push pins on the vendetta during installation.
Quote:
One suggestion is to mount the heatsink before attaching the fan as it simplifies fiddling with the push-pins. Once mounted with a reassuring click (times four), the Vendetta is solidly attached and very secure on the motherboard, in either horizontal or tower configuration. You can then attach the small fan, plug in the PWM connector, and power up.
Old April 29, 2008, 03:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

If you don't mind the hassle of removing the motherboard and installing the backing plate, most heatsinks with push-pin installs can be installed that way.

But you shouldn't have to push two pins in at the same time. Get one pin in solidly, then work on the opposite corner. Since most push-pin designs are released by rotating the top of the pin, make sure that you've got it turned the right way before moving on to the next pin. And yeah, attach the fan after you have the heatsink installed.
Old April 29, 2008, 05:05 PM
Allstar

pushpins suck ass. the thermalright bolt-through kit should work with all intel-stock-style pushpin systems after you remove the pushpins (turn and pull at the same time)
Gigabyte HD 6970 OC
Gigabyte Z68X-UDH3-B3
Seasonic 760W
Coolermaster Hyper 212+
CM690 w/ 1-80mm, 6-120mm fans.
Old May 1, 2008, 08:07 AM
Top Prospect

Cool Finally

Receive my OCZ Vendetta 2 & Thermalright LGA775 bolt-thru..It was a pain to install and put everything back again..What a different between the Vendetta 2 heatsink+fan vs the tiny E8400 stock fan..Barely room to access upper-right corner..The 120mm fan is very quiet but I just found the heatsink too huge..Should have use the Vendetta 1 instead..much smaller..