Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 23, 2013, 06:56 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Cooler Master V8 GTS CPU Cooler Review Comment Thread

Cooler Master's V8 GTS incorporates several unique technologies in an effort to make this one of the best CPU heatsinks available. However, with a price of $100, it has to compete against the likes of Corsair's high performance H90.

Read more here: Cooler Master V8 GTS CPU Cooler Review

Old July 23, 2013, 06:59 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Nice review AkG

Those are pretty impressive results. It's definitely an improvement from the TRUE/Venomous/Megahalems Air Coolers. Styling will come down to personal opinions of course, I think it's a pretty sharp looking cooler. Would look nice on a ROG board.
Old July 23, 2013, 08:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeKnight View Post
Nice review AkG

Those are pretty impressive results. It's definitely an improvement from the TRUE/Venomous/Megahalems Air Coolers. Styling will come down to personal opinions of course, I think it's a pretty sharp looking cooler. Would look nice on a ROG board.
I completely agree. I rather enjoy the look of this cooler and yes it would look great on a ROG board.
Old July 23, 2013, 08:53 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I may laud CM for some PSU OEM Choices but there coolers are top notch.

Good job CM, if it didn't glow red, i'd get one.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old July 24, 2013, 11:23 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I do think it's about $10-15 too expensive though. At $100 I think they'll have problems pushing these off the shelves, especially with cheaper offerings from Corsair and others getting really close in performance. If they dropped the price a bit I think it'd make it a slam dunk decision for a lot of enthusiasts. It's not like the haswell, ivys and sandys run insanely hot, so a price drop could help make the purchase price a little more easily swallowed.

But that's just my skew on things.
Old July 25, 2013, 03:21 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I won't lie... it looks like a Decepticon :P Wonder where the autobots are?
Old July 25, 2013, 04:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Is it just me... or does AkG need to do some dusting on that Gigabyte X58 MB? ;P

Good review. It's nice to see something new and relatively fresh come out in the air cooling arena. Although I'm not a fan of the black plastic shrouding personally, I could see where the appeal would be there for some people. And in the right system, it could look pretty sharp.