Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Air Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/)
-   -   After market CPU cooler (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/59782-after-market-cpu-cooler.html)

BurningAce705 February 20, 2013 12:32 PM

After market CPU cooler
 
I was wondering if using an after market cpu cooler voided the warranty on an Intel cpu?Iv gotten mixed results from the bimbos at Intel customer support and just wanted to be sure before I install one on my cpu.Also,what are,if any , the dangers of using a tower cpu heat sink on a motherboard without VRM cooling?

Cheers,Tim

great_big_abyss February 20, 2013 12:41 PM

No, and hardly any, if running at stock clocks.

I've never heard of a warranty being dishonoured because of the use of an aftermarket cooler.

BurningAce705 February 20, 2013 12:47 PM

Alright ,thanks for the reply.And Im runing a g870 and a Intel dh77kc

Soullessone21 February 20, 2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurningAce705 (Post 691768)
Alright ,thanks for the reply.And Im runing a g870 and a Intel dh77kc

100% does not void, even intel sells custom coolers now so you have nothing to worry about :)

For air cooling go with anything Noctua :P

AkG February 20, 2013 02:57 PM

Kinda like the Phanteks 14PE over the D14....comes in sweet colors (including matte black). Decent 14cm fans too.

Soullessone21 February 20, 2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkG (Post 691784)
Kinda like the Phanteks 14PE over the D14....comes in sweet colors (including matte black). Decent 14cm fans too.


Just looked that cooler up, damn that thing gets awesome scores.

AkG February 20, 2013 03:11 PM

Meh..its only slightly better than a D14..but it sure is purdy. :P

Soullessone21 February 20, 2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkG (Post 691787)
Meh..its only slightly better than a D14..but it sure is purdy. :P

"When the results from the first test I ran (Overclocked Load) started to take shape, I could only describe the look on my face as "WOW". In disbelief of these numbers demolishing the NH-D14"

from many reviews I read on a 1366 setup with a 920 overclocked it ran about 60c where the noctua was around 65c. in my house when my CPU starts to go above 55c I can feel the room getting warmer and at 70c my wife starts complaining that I need to turn the system off.

great_big_abyss February 20, 2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soullessone21 (Post 691788)
"When the results from the first test I ran (Overclocked Load) started to take shape, I could only describe the look on my face as "WOW". In disbelief of these numbers demolishing the NH-D14"

from many reviews I read on a 1366 setup with a 920 overclocked it ran about 60c where the noctua was around 65c. in my house when my CPU starts to go above 55c I can feel the room getting warmer and at 70c my wife starts complaining that I need to turn the system off.

Can't have her complaining about your gaming. Tell her to get back in the kitchen and bake you a cake!!!

kidding

AkG February 20, 2013 03:19 PM

more like 3 degrees than 5...but thats just my rig. ;)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:03 PM.