Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 10, 2013, 05:10 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
1256 intake 3 and 4 out.

Positive pressure is better for dust so have better intake than exhaust.
If your pushing more cooler air in the exhaust fans will remove it easily and any excess that isn't removed by the exhaust fans will get out any gaps in the case rather than negative pressure when it comes in the gaps(attracting dust to where there are no filters).

Also think about getting a second fan for the AIO cpu cooler, not only will it help keep the cpu cooler but should improve the amount of air getting out of the case.
YUP.
Old February 12, 2013, 05:26 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input
Old February 12, 2013, 06:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

I would switch the top fan around so its blowing down and getting pushed out the back by the front fans.
Old February 13, 2013, 03:02 AM
MVP

Hmm.
I would have thought it best if all the fans were intakes except for the top one which should be exhaust. Why have warm air going thru the radiator? That makes no sense. Have it pump cool air thru the rad from outside the case. With only 1 exhaust theres lots of positive pressure from all the intake fans to force the warm air out the top.
Old February 13, 2013, 04:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by igot6strings View Post
Hmm.
I would have thought it best if all the fans were intakes except for the top one which should be exhaust. Why have warm air going thru the radiator? That makes no sense. Have it pump cool air thru the rad from outside the case. With only 1 exhaust theres lots of positive pressure from all the intake fans to force the warm air out the top.
the difference is so minimal that it doesn't make that much difference.
Old February 13, 2013, 06:40 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
the difference is so minimal that it doesn't make that much difference.
At idle sure but if you're doing heavy gaming, benchmarking or folding and your videocard is cooking because of it you're going to have alot of hot air going thru the rad thats intended to cool your cpu. It makes no sense to be 'cooling' your cpu with hot air. The hot air rises so why fight it? With the rad fan taking in cool air it will then pass off the warmed air in the rad directly to the top fan taking it out of the system before it even has a chance to heat up the internals. Not to mention the opposite way would put alot of extra heat on your ram. It just seems like a no brainer to me but thats my opinion.
Old February 13, 2013, 08:26 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Fans 1,2,5 should be intakes
Fans 3, 4 should be exhausts
I would use #6 as an exhaust or leave out and use as a large vent.
Because the video cards your using have blower fans on them the best part of the heat from them is going out the back of the case. Not rising like said in an earlier post. The #5 fan will be doing the best part of the mainboard cooling, due to your having so many hdd's in front of the #1 and #2 fans. Put the fan with the highest CFM in the #5 positon.
That's how I'd be doing it, if it were mine anyways.
Old February 13, 2013, 05:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Make sure your looking at his case guys, the pic in the first post is not his set-up.
Old February 18, 2013, 03:04 PM
Banned

My System Specs

Quote:
1256 intake 3 and 4 out.

Positive pressure is better for dust so have better intake than exhaust.
If your pushing more cooler air in the exhaust fans will remove it easily and any excess that isn't removed by the exhaust fans will get out any gaps in the case rather than negative pressure when it comes in the gaps(attracting dust to where there are no filters).
Quote:
Tidy up the cabling (get it all behind the motherboard tray) and your good... there is plenty of airflow in that case as is... if anything you could remove fans so it's quieter.
Oh my, are we agreeing?
Positive pressure is best route in my opinion. I always try to use a minimum of 2:1 ratio with cooling; two input fans for every exhaust. I usually go with at least 3 inputs to one exhaust.

Just me, but I would go with INPUT: 1,2,5, and six. Exhaust: 3 and 4. If going for overclocks I would move the rad to the top of case and input fresh air to it, exhausting out the back.

And ya, as others said, tidey wiring counts for a lot. The pic in first post is great, but other pic is a rat's nest and hinders good air flow.