Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Air Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/)
-   -   sub for noctua nf f12 (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/58745-sub-noctua-nf-f12.html)

summak December 26, 2012 09:47 PM

sub for noctua nf f12

hey guys,

I am planning to add some fans to my rig this year, and I have so heard that noctua nf f12 is the beast of all fans, but i than found out that the colors of all noctua fans are beige and brown, that kinda dissappointed me,

so my question is, are there any substitutes for those, which are black in color

also, those are 120mm fan, what do you guys would suggest for 140mm fans??

I need good quality silence, and decent airflow

enaberif December 26, 2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summak (Post 680404)
hey guys,

I am planning to add some fans to my rig this year, and I have so heard that noctua nf f12 is the beast of all fans, but i than found out that the colors of all noctua fans are beige and brown, that kinda dissappointed me,

so my question is, are there any substitutes for those, which are black in color

also, those are 120mm fan, what do you guys would suggest for 140mm fans??

I need good quality silence, and decent airflow

Notcua? Meh.

Much better choices out there than those now.

summak December 26, 2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enaberif (Post 680405)
Notcua? Meh.

Much better choices out there than those now.

come on, tell me which ones :sad:

enaberif December 26, 2012 10:07 PM

Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition High Static Pressure 120mm Fan at Memory Express

rfglass December 27, 2012 02:30 PM

I use these in my rig Newegg.ca - COUGAR CF-V12HPB Vortex Hydro-Dynamic-Bearing (Fluid) 300,000 Hours 12CM Silent Cooling Fan with Pulse Width Modulation (Black) static pressuere is 2.2 compared to the corsairs 3.1 But I like them.

JD December 27, 2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summak (Post 680404)
but i than found out that the colors of all noctua fans are beige and brown, that kinda dissappointed me,

It amazes me that Noctua still hasn't caught on that most people hate their colour scheme. They could make so much more money if they did normal black fans.

Generic User #2 December 27, 2012 06:03 PM

lol, noctua is WELL aware of how much hate there is for their color scheme. it's quite possible the advertising money they save though might make up for sales loss.

I mean, look at how many posts in this thread involve the name 'noctua'.

personally, I like it when my gear stands out from the crowd.

botat29 December 27, 2012 06:27 PM

Actually Phantek as the fans and cooler made by the same OEM as Noctua, they have different color

Newegg.ca - Phanteks

I have the red one at the bottom of the page, it's the same mounting hardware as the DH14 and it perform about the same

Soultribunal December 27, 2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD (Post 680555)
It amazes me that Noctua still hasn't caught on that most people hate their colour scheme. They could make so much more money if they did normal black fans.

True enough, I bet they would sell a lot more too if they did that.
Though, that being said there are a lot of other players now with high quality fans that can compete at half the cost, in regular colours.

They had better adapt, or they are out.

-ST

Adzsask December 27, 2012 08:29 PM

Love my aerocool shark 140m's, they look sharp, literally :P running them in my case, as well as on my NH-C14 cooler.