Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 5, 2012, 01:30 PM
Rookie

Default Need recommendation and question

Currently looking to do a Fortress FT03-Mini build and I want to swap out the stock fan for a PWM fan
can someone give me a recommenation? And is it easy to adjust fan setting in bios, or is there an instruction here on the forum? Fan size is 140mm and will have a Corsair H60 radiator in front of it.

Thanks
Old December 5, 2012, 01:49 PM
Top Prospect

This is misleading, I thought you needed someone to recommend a question, I had some good ones too.

Why not use an external fan controller?
Old December 5, 2012, 02:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Are you talking about buying a 4 pin pwm fan and plugging it into the cpu fan header of the motheroaords to cool the H60 radiator? The motherboard should control the speed of the fan according to the temperature of the cpu. Any decent 1366, AM3 board should have fan control built into the bios. Usually you can adjust a fan to run at a certain rpm 24/7, or in newer boards, such as Asus Z77 boards and im sure other brands have this as well: the ability to control fans that are plugged into the motherboard with a certain profile, performance, balanced, quiet mode, etc. Some fans can be controlled with a user defined curve with something like ASUS's AI suite software.

^^ rambling on....haha