Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 16, 2012, 05:58 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Well no, the metal part is not screwed or anything,it's a sort of backplate,but smaller: 2x3 cm,and its in the motherboard,can't pull it off,no screws,its stuck,it's part of the motherboard.and there is my backplate,that i like a "X"much bigger,there was no stock backplate i think,just some metal under the socket,but you know,it's like a credit card,the gold thing, it's in the card,same hight,no screws.

Anyway i read that a small bending of the card is not a problem,anyway i didnt have any problems to screw back the motherboard.I can tell you there was no screws at the back of the motherboard,the socket holes were empty and there was no movable plate.

For a pic it will be hard i don't have a cam right now.. here are parts

CMHD.TV - Hyper 612 PWM Installation Guide - YouTube

I installed it like the guy,but right in the middle of the hole of the CPU cooler backplate,as you can see ,there is metal, a bit like him,but it's small and not removable.

I hope that was clear enough ,sry for mistakes

Edit,here is the metal part i'm talking about
http://www.3dnews.ru/_imgdata/img/20...23012/back.jpg
As you can see it's small and these are not really screws,and i didn't have problems to install the CPU cooler backplate.

The only problem is the height of the cooler backplate (3:55 on video) now you know everything :D

Last edited by bliz; November 16, 2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old November 16, 2012, 06:41 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

From the picture, it appears you did not remove the stock backplate on the motherboard. Perhaps there are fastener heads on the reverse side of the motherboard. If not, I do not know how you could safely remove it.

Also, be careful with exposure to thermal paste. It is not healthy to get it on your hands. Rubbing alcohol will remove it from your skin if you get exposed again.
Old November 16, 2012, 06:59 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Thanks for the advice ,but anyway,why would it be useful to remove it? The middle of the cooler plate is higher and it does not even touch it anyways, would absolutly not change anything.

Last edited by bliz; November 16, 2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old November 16, 2012, 09:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

Is the backplate touching the case/motherboard tray then?

And you definitely want to plug in that CPU fan to the CPU fan header. It will allow the system to control the fan speed based on temperature. it will actually be LESS noisy if the CPU is idling doing nothing. A cooler chip is a happy chip that lasts longer and performs better.
Old November 16, 2012, 10:09 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

The cooler backplate is touching,yes but actually,did you see the cooler backplate shape? when i screw it, it stands on 4 feet so,removing the default "backplate" would not make anything different

Ok im gonna try to plug in "CPU fan"controller ,but if's it's more noisy i'm gonna plug is back in the other stuff,i don't think a 40c CPU in games can die fast^^.

EDIT, my cooler does not work like that,coolermaster says there is no noise level range. it's 900 rpm or 1300rpm, depends if i use the adapter.

The 612S is not the 612 PWM which is connected to the CPU fan controller.for the PWM,coolermaster says,noise level range : etc... The S ,for silence,is very huge but with low fan speeds.

what coolermaster says for the PWM version:

Fan Speed 600 - 2000 RPM (PWM) 10%
Fan Airflow 24.9 - 82.9 CFM 10%

for the S (europe only)

Vitesse du ventilateur(fan speed) 1300 RPM 10%
(900RPM avec le silencieux(with silencer))
Flux d'air(airflow) (CFM) 52,6 CFM (36,4 CFM @900RPM)

Last edited by bliz; November 16, 2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old November 16, 2012, 10:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

Well you linked the PWM, so I assumed PWM version.

The backplate touching the metal chassis is usually not such a good idea. I'm using the same backplate and I don't have that issue. Are you sure you're using standard standoffs on your motherboard? Something is very strange there.
Old November 16, 2012, 10:36 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yep,original standoffs,i think it's my case,it's a 40$ case.. Advance turboost.
Yeah sorry,they are very similar ^^ i forgot that difference when i linked :/

It's a bad idea because of static electricity?

I also noticed something,my motherboard uses screws but also plastic pins to attach it to the case, and the plastic pins are not that tight,so maybe there is no bend at all,and the motherboard is just a bit higher on one side, around 5 screws and 2 plastic pins for the 2 corners of the HDD side.

I don't know for you,but for my mobo i have 2 standoffs that are not high at all.Maybe 5mm

I have seen other guys who have this problem,others say that's it's not a problem if you don't have too much bend on the mobo, i almost have no bend...

I think your board is just more high end..

Wait,i checked,i have around six golden 7mm standoffs for all the screws of my board,and 2 standoffs in the board to prevent it from touhing vital parts,but my mobo is 7mm higher than the back panel,maybe it's not touching the board actually !? but i think that it does, even if the 7mm standoffs are quite as high as the plate.

Ok,even if it touches,i saw a guy saying : your chassis is already grounded thanks to the spacers ,is that true?

Last edited by bliz; November 16, 2012 at 11:03 PM.