Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 13, 2012, 11:38 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default NZXT Launches Respire T20 & T40 CPU Coolers

By utilizing Seamless Direct Touch heatpipes and a number of other innovations, NZXT is hoping their new Respire CPU coolers can overcome the competition.

At first glance, there really isnít anything special about NZXTís Respire T20 and Respire T40. Their tower-style designs, large aluminum fin arrays, 120mm fan mounts and copper base plates can be found on nearly every other heatsink on the market. However, according to NZXT, there are two main items which allow the Respire series to stand out: price and a patented heatpipe design

Read more here: NZXT Launches Respire T20 & T40 CPU Cooler | Hardware Canucks
Old November 13, 2012, 06:13 PM
MVP

Around the $40 mark is where you can start getting lower end water coolers. So being priced this high for air seems a bit out of place. For air, you can easily find the Hyper 212 for $20 or less.
Old November 13, 2012, 06:32 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'm not impressed. You can have better ones for the same price ,as YoungMan said, the 212 Evo is really good for the price.Even if i would never get a cheap watercooling system.

Also,i don't know how is the fan on these coolers, any clue?
Old November 14, 2012, 10:31 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliz View Post
I'm not impressed. You can have better ones for the same price ,as YoungMan said, the 212 Evo is really good for the price.Even if i would never get a cheap watercooling system.

Also,i don't know how is the fan on these coolers, any clue?
Perhaps but, the new 212 EVO's are a bit slippy on the mounts. Have you seen the NZXT Mount? That is how you secure a cooler, and not even for a heavy cooler to boot.

I think these units hold Merit.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 16, 2012, 08:30 PM
MVP

I'll admit, their mounting system is better. I've installed a few EVOs and they slip a little bit, but I highly doubt it lowers the performance by half. It doesn't justify double the cost.
And honestly, how often are you going to be mounting/unmounting the heatsink anyway? In most cases, they'd be similar to mine. Mount it, and never touch it again, ever.

But there's no doubt I'll choose these over the 212s in a heartbeat if the pricing was the same/similar. So until there's a price cut, it ain't gonna shine.
Old November 16, 2012, 09:12 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungMan View Post
I'll admit, their mounting system is better. I've installed a few EVOs and they slip a little bit, but I highly doubt it lowers the performance by half. It doesn't justify double the cost.
And honestly, how often are you going to be mounting/unmounting the heatsink anyway? In most cases, they'd be similar to mine. Mount it, and never touch it again, ever.

But there's no doubt I'll choose these over the 212s in a heartbeat if the pricing was the same/similar. So until there's a price cut, it ain't gonna shine.
What it comes down to as well, at least for me, is what I define as Value. I'm not saying the 212 EVO is bad. I love mine. But I would not have an issue replacing it with this for the sole purpose of that mounting system.

YYMV.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 16, 2012, 09:26 PM
MVP

My System Specs

did someone say replacement for my goto 212EVO ... sign me up.