Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 4, 2012, 08:07 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueByte View Post
I have had the link since last Friday installed. . . .
I would recommend it to people who have corsair products already vs a stand alone unit to get the most out of it. Unless they allow monitoring and controlling motherboard fans as well then I think anyone would benefit from this.
Hey BlueByte--thanks so much for your follow-up and review of the Link. It sounds like the Link has some pretty interesting features that can safeguard against any cooling breakdown (the ability to automatically shutdown pc, send emails, etc). Definitely given me something else to think about!

Thanks again--I really appreciate you following-up!!
Old December 13, 2012, 09:42 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I use this fan controller, it works great, and the best part it also comes with 4 temperature selectors, I have mine on the CPU, RAM, VGA and NB.

Scythe Kaze Master 5.25IN Bay Fan Controller Backlit VFD Display Fan Temp Black - DirectCanada
Video Card: Nvidia 8800GT
Harddisk: 2 x Western digital
CD/DVD Drive: Asus
Monitor: LG Flatron W2353V
Case: Thermaltake Armor
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy
PSU: Thermaltake TWV 500W
Software: Windows 7
Old December 17, 2012, 06:28 PM
MVP

I'm looking for a fan controller for the rear of my case, like where the pci cards mount. I can find plenty of single fan controllers in this set up but is anyone aware of one that does multiple fans? Also something that supports 4 pin connectors would be best but I can modify the connectors if not.

Any suggestions?
Old December 17, 2012, 06:44 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by igot6strings View Post
I'm looking for a fan controller for the rear of my case, like where the pci cards mount. I can find plenty of single fan controllers in this set up but is anyone aware of one that does multiple fans? Also something that supports 4 pin connectors would be best but I can modify the connectors if not.

Any suggestions?
Is the requirement for rear mount just because you either don't have room on your front bays or want a clean look on the front? If so, how about internally mounting a 3 1/2" bay fan controller in an internal HDD bay?

You have to remove the case side to access it, but most folks don't change their fan speeds all that much once they find the sweet spot.

As far as the original request, I don't think they make them with more than one control, but if you bought one you might be able to figure out how to drill out the PCI cover to install another dial on the same slot cover.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old December 19, 2012, 10:14 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Is the requirement for rear mount just because you either don't have room on your front bays or want a clean look on the front? If so, how about internally mounting a 3 1/2" bay fan controller in an internal HDD bay?

You have to remove the case side to access it, but most folks don't change their fan speeds all that much once they find the sweet spot.

As far as the original request, I don't think they make them with more than one control, but if you bought one you might be able to figure out how to drill out the PCI cover to install another dial on the same slot cover.
Well basically what I am doing is installing a Arctic Cooling S1 Plus onto my 6870 with a couple of 90mm fans attached to it. I was hoping to have some quick access knobs to adjust it. I've seen several single fan controllers for the pci bracket but nothing that has multiples. I don't really want to have the wires across my case to the front if I can avoid it. The 3 fan ports on my mobo are used up by the fans on my heatsink and my spotcool fan over my ram. I guess I can buy one of those single fan controllers and a splitter but am unsure if that will provide full power to the fans or force them to run at half power?
Old December 19, 2012, 10:39 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by igot6strings View Post
Well basically what I am doing is installing a Arctic Cooling S1 Plus onto my 6870 with a couple of 90mm fans attached to it. I was hoping to have some quick access knobs to adjust it. I've seen several single fan controllers for the pci bracket but nothing that has multiples. I don't really want to have the wires across my case to the front if I can avoid it. The 3 fan ports on my mobo are used up by the fans on my heatsink and my spotcool fan over my ram. I guess I can buy one of those single fan controllers and a splitter but am unsure if that will provide full power to the fans or force them to run at half power?
A splitter puts your fans in parallel with each other and Voltage in a parallel DC cct is constant so it'll run them full out rather than running at "half power". What will happen is that the current draw (Amps) though the switch will be doubled, however you should be fine with only two fans on a single switch as most switches are rated for 1A and most fans draw under .5A . (That's a generalisation so don't quote me.... ;) ).

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old December 22, 2012, 12:13 PM
MVP

^TY.
Parts arrived today, just need to get that splitter and a mono controller and all will be good.