Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 28, 2012, 07:57 PM
Top Prospect

Question Changing cooling need some fast answers

Hello there,

1- I wanted to change my current cooling for the Mastercooler 212+. My last cooling was using a backplate which had a sticker to stick on the mobo. (Something i will never do again..) So what i did is removing the backplate by hand which was really hard but ive succeeded! However, some glues and sticker part was left on the mobo and it seem that i can't remove them (without passing more than 6 hours on it) so if i decide to lets it that way can it cause any troubles ? (See pic #1) i believe not but just to be sure..

2- I also cleaned the CPU with some alcool isopropyl which succeeded aswell.. there some thermal paste (micro) in some corners but i decided to not remove the CPU just to remove them (See pic #2) i don't want to bend any pins.. then again i believe there no problem about that also does the CPU look enough clean ? I may seem a noob sorry but this is the first time i replace a cooling and i really want to go the right route and dont want to end up with a surprise later.. i know i am paranoid but well sometime a detail can be problematic later..

Thanks a lots for thoses that replies ! Really appreciated !
Attached Images