Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Air Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/)
-   -   140mm fan CPU coolers? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/54541-140mm-fan-cpu-coolers.html)

Sheep June 6, 2012 11:41 AM

140mm fan CPU coolers?
 
Hello,

After installing my components into my new Corsair 500R, I ran into an issue of clearance between the rear exhaust fan and my CPU cooler (Thermalright AXP-140). I just put a new 140mm Bitfenix fan on it, and really prefer the 140mm to a 120mm (Noctua previously). I've been looking around at 140mm compatiblie coolers, but don't want something a.) Very Expensive, or B.) Super Wide. I am not against water cooling, but most systems use 120mm rads, and my top 2 spots are taken by 140mm exhaust already, so I don't want to remove those.

Is there much out there that can take a 140mm fan that doesn't already come with 1 or isn't the size of a Noctua D14?

Thanks!

Adzsask June 6, 2012 11:44 AM

thermalright archon is an excellent 140mm fan cooled heatsink, but comes with the best 140mm made in my opinion (little more cfm then a scythe GT, while staying quieter).

Sheep June 6, 2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adzsask (Post 632574)
thermalright archon is an excellent 140mm fan cooled heatsink, but comes with the best 140mm made in my opinion (little more cfm then a scythe GT, while staying quieter).

Hm, seems like a second fan can be added as well.

Who sells Thermalright these days?

dandelioneater June 6, 2012 01:44 PM

Theres also the NZXT havik. A little bigger than the coolermaster H212.

Adzsask June 6, 2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheep (Post 632595)
Hm, seems like a second fan can be added as well.

Who sells Thermalright these days?

Memory Express has it in store, and online, I owned a silver arrow and darn near shed a tear when I had to let it go (RASA RX360 kit handed to me). The craftsmanship is only bested by Lian Li IMO, one word of caution if you are a silent PC freak then thermalright isn't for you... tight fins make a bit of noise, but cool like all hell.
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Sheep June 6, 2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adzsask (Post 632621)
Memory Express has it in store, and online, I owned a silver arrow and darn near shed a tear when I had to let it go (RASA RX360 kit handed to me). The craftsmanship is only bested by Lian Li IMO, one word of caution if you are a silent PC freak then thermalright isn't for you... tight fins make a bit of noise, but cool like all hell.
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I'm not seeing a Thermalright Archon in stock or even on Memory Express's website... ?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:04 AM.