Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 30, 2008, 12:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Is there a way to get yate loom to connect to cpu fan plug?

ok when I installed my cpu to my p35 motherboard I also installed the ultra 120 extreme heatsink but I am using a Yate loon is there a way that I can plug this into the cpu plug or do I have to leave it plugged in the other fan plug in and do you think that it is worth putting another Yate loon on the other side of the120 extreme pulling air through it. also how can I check my cpu temps. I am thinking of buying some type of fan controller but not sure of what make/type/kind to get.
also I have a different question my ati 3870 temp idles around 46 deg. is that normal?
Old March 30, 2008, 01:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

You can plug a 3 pin fan plug into a 4 pin cpu fan input on your MB. Just make sure you plug it into the right 3 pins. I did this on the system in my sig. Check your MB manual.

For CPU temps you can try real temp or everest. 46c seems fine for a gfx card. Don't have an ati so i don't know what's normal for that one. But my 8800gt w/ zalman vf900 hovers at 43c at idle.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old March 30, 2008, 04:05 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Using two yate-loons will drive your cpu temperature down an extra few degrees OR you can run them both at a lower speed to maintain the same temperature but have less noise in your case. The choice it yours.
Old March 30, 2008, 05:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

thanx for thr replys guys I will try that