Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Air Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/)
-   -   NEW Coolermaster TPC-812 cooler (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/53024-new-coolermaster-tpc-812-cooler.html)

dandelioneater April 4, 2012 09:33 AM

NEW Coolermaster TPC-812 cooler
 
I just saw this new cooler from coolermaster. Looks like a beefier version of the H212 with vapor chamber heat pipes. Is this out yet? Anyone tried it? Wonder how well it performs?

TPC-812 Coolermaster

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/uplo....jpg?230301188

stoanee April 4, 2012 12:00 PM

Not sure how they can market that as "vertical vapour chambers" when most applications will have the cooler horizontal.

dandelioneater April 4, 2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

According to Cooler Master, the TPC 812 can handle over 240W of heat and performs close to or better than entry-evel single-radiator watercooling kits. Pricing is said to be around the $100 mark though, which seems quite excessive.

Couldn't find any reviews on it as of yet, It would be interesting to see if it can come close to an h100.



cmge April 9, 2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dandelioneater (Post 617881)



Couldn't find any reviews on it as of yet, It would be interesting to see if it can come close to an h100.



this is the only review that out

Cooler Master TPC 812 Vertical Vapor Chamber CPU Cooler

dandelioneater April 12, 2012 09:46 AM

Hmm. seems like a decent air cooler. $75 at ncix. No stock yet though. Will probably pick one up as I'm tired of h212's. I have 6 of them at home.

AkG April 12, 2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dandelioneater (Post 620072)
Hmm. seems like a decent air cooler. $75 at ncix. No stock yet though. Will probably pick one up as I'm tired of h212's. I have 6 of them at home.

While I am sure it is a very good air cooler...for the same coin you can get a H60...or for 15 bucks more get a H80...either of which should easily out perform any air cooler.

YMMV but this cooler is a tad pricey.

JJThomp April 13, 2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkG (Post 620113)
While I am sure it is a very good air cooler...for the same coin you can get a H60...or for 15 bucks more get a H80...either of which should easily out perform any air cooler.

YMMV but this cooler is a tad pricey.

NH-D14's outcool H80's and from what I've seen these beat out the Havik with 2 fans with only one fan, this cooler should outperform NH-D14's and H80's.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:08 AM.