Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Air Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/)
-   -   Bitfenix Spectre Pro (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/50641-bitfenix-spectre-pro.html)

Bohrman January 18, 2012 07:40 PM

Bitfenix Spectre Pro

I was wondering how good these fans are, opinions?

Search Results : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Silent_Avenger January 18, 2012 09:16 PM

I have 4 Spectre Pros(3x120mm and 1x200mm) and they are pretty decent case fans and have a nice aesthetic to them. They aren't sleeved but at least the wires are black. I wouldn't recommend them for extreme cooling but for average performance they aren't bad. As for the 200mm fan I think it may be the best one on the market so far but that's just my opinion.

Bohrman January 18, 2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent_Avenger (Post 592148)
I have 4 Spectre Pros(3x120mm and 1x200mm) and they are pretty decent case fans and have a nice aesthetic to them. They aren't sleeved but at least the wires are black. I wouldn't recommend them for extreme cooling but for average performance they aren't bad. As for the 200mm fan I think it may be the best one on the market so far but that's just my opinion.

That sounds pretty good given their pricing. I was looking for some 140mm fans to shuffle some air around in a water cooling rig, they aren't to noisy are they?. Yeah i dont think there's a better 200mm on the market :thumb:

Silent_Avenger January 18, 2012 11:55 PM

They aren't very loud at all. In my folding rig I can easily hear the hum of the GTS 250 fan at 50% over the fan noise of the Spectre Pros(120mm fans). As for the 200mm fan there is a noticeable hum(or rumble?) especially if you have your head close to it but my CM Excaliburs are still much more noisy. I think most of the noise from the 200mm fan is from air turbulence that it creates but again it's not like you're gonna go deaf or anything.

Soultribunal January 19, 2012 06:47 AM

I've got a few different ones that I am going to put head to head on a SB system soon. I'll see what kind of performance they can pull soon.
Stats are weak for Static pressure (which is important for rads and HSF).

-ST

Eluder January 19, 2012 08:55 AM

I'm thinking of getting the 230mm Spectre Pro for a side fan, hopefully that'll do a decent job.

Soultribunal January 19, 2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eluder (Post 592296)
I'm thinking of getting the 230mm Spectre Pro for a side fan, hopefully that'll do a decent job.

That fan looks very promising because it has a much Higher CFM rating than the CM Big Boy.

I have those ordered as well to compare.

-ST

Bohrman January 19, 2012 08:44 PM

Quiet fans is music to my ears :biggrin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soultribunal (Post 592265)
I've got a few different ones that I am going to put head to head on a SB system soon. I'll see what kind of performance they can pull soon.
Stats are weak for Static pressure (which is important for rads and HSF).

-ST

I was aware they were low on static pressure, but supposedly their better than the original spectres in that department. Still be nice case fans though

Soultribunal January 20, 2012 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bohrman (Post 592536)
Quiet fans is music to my ears :biggrin:

I was aware they were low on static pressure, but supposedly their better than the original spectres in that department. Still be nice case fans though

As a case fan I will not argue that, but as a HSF they still have a long way to come.
We will see once I get my CPU and put it among a myraid of other fans to the test.

-ST

Silent_Avenger January 22, 2012 06:53 PM

Well they are only 1200rpm be nice to see 1800rpm or 2000rpm models but they're def better than the original spectre fans. I also have one in my CM V8 and it seems to do just as good as the original fan but the fin density isn't that high on the V8 not like a rad by any means.