Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 9, 2012, 09:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I ordered a 140mm spectre pro with an order I made recently and I will have to say I am quite impressed. They look nice, are fairly quiet and push quite a bit more air then the 140mm Fractal fan I had installed. I also have to say that the screwless mounts are awesome and are of amazing design. Much better then the other ones I had. BUt on a side note the screws it came with are absolute garbage and strip like there is no tomorrow which is why I decided to try the rubber mounts.
Old March 9, 2012, 10:25 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Are you sure you're using the proper phillips screwdriver? It has to be a No. 2 phillips screwdriver otherwise it will easily strip the screws.

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DarkDivinityPC

I fold for a cure. Team 213366 and 54196.
Old March 10, 2012, 10:56 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yes I was using the proper screwdriver. The same screwdriver I used on my other fan screws which are the exact same size. None of my other fan scews have stripped.
Old March 11, 2012, 09:13 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I've been considering the Spectre Pro fans as replacements for the stock fans in my 600t. Has anyone replaced the 200mm front fan in their 600t with the 200mm Bit Fenix one? Just wondering if i'd have any mounting issues before i go ahead with ordering.
Old March 11, 2012, 10:16 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Actually, I would be interested as well to find out if the Bitfenix would be easy to replace my 650D's front fan.
I have a nice 230mm Bitfenix Pro on the side of my 650D and that's a pretty good fan, but would like a quieter solution in the front that doesn't reduce air flow.
Old March 11, 2012, 10:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I love these fans check my FS form I always have a few of their fans forsale since the rep I deal with has a min order rule of 10 of any custom fans so I have lots of fans. Bitfenix is an amazing company even their low cost cases are a thing of Beauty A++ 10/10 in my mind :)

PS
They converted me from Noctua and I think Bitfenix is even nicer then Noctua and I didnt think anyone would ever make nicer product then Noctua
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old May 11, 2012, 07:55 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

i've got two 140mm's and a 200mm in my 650D. currently running all three off of the case controller on the lowest setting. i know the case controller isn't the best, but it gives a noticeable drop in noise level :) as someone mentioned earlier, the 200mm fan is probably the best in it's size/price range at the moment...you probably already got them, but those are just my thoughts about them :)
Old May 12, 2012, 06:05 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

The 200mm you're using, are you using it as the front intake, or is it connected elsewhere? I ask because I've always wanted to change the Corsair 200mm, but there aren't many fans that size that fit in front of the drive cages.
Old June 4, 2012, 09:04 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I would also like to know what 200mm fans are available as I also want to change the stock front fan in the 600t. Would I be able to use 2 x 120mm fans vertically if I just drill four new holes?
Old June 5, 2012, 08:49 AM
MVP

My System Specs

2 120mm will fit in the front (I've got it running in my 600t) however the bottom fan will have half of its intake cut off because theres not enough intake grate