Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 17, 2011, 11:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I still like my velcro take idea besides it being easy to remove what ever is velcros it also muffles any vibration.
as for magnets I use a huge 25" speak magnet on old hard drives which seems to work at getting rid of what is on them hehe
Old October 17, 2011, 05:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

A drill press works really good too shadow ;-) I'll have to spend some time over at Braineaters place to muck around. I thoughts on vibration control would be the same things you use on cupboard doors. The little plastic sticky things. HDD magnets are pretty strong and yes Soul... I would try and find some decent flat steel screws and put them on 1st.
Old October 17, 2011, 09:30 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by clshades View Post
A drill press works really good too shadow ;-) I'll have to spend some time over at Braineaters place to muck around. I thoughts on vibration control would be the same things you use on cupboard doors. The little plastic sticky things. HDD magnets are pretty strong and yes Soul... I would try and find some decent flat steel screws and put them on 1st.
Makes sense actually if you got the bigger ones and put little rubber or felt pads on them it will dampen it quite well. There are also LOTS of rubberized coatings around that would be useful too.

Can't wait to see you cook up a prototype.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com