Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 20, 2008, 06:04 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Comment Thread for CoolJag Falcon 92-CU

AkG has posted yet another CPU cooler review and this time it is of the CoolJag Falcon 92-CU.

It didn't perform up to our expectations nor the manufacturer's claims but with some modding it becomes a pretty decent product.

The review can be found here: CoolJag Falcon 92-CU CPU Cooler Review

Please use this thread to post your questions, comments, rants and raves.

ENJOY!!!

Old February 20, 2008, 10:47 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Fine review AkG, thanks for the read. You've brought up a couple of points that I'll be keeping in my good to know file.

Old February 20, 2008, 10:49 AM
Allstar

The design of the heatsink is pretty cool, and it's awesome how the performance can jump so much by slightly modding the fan. I'd like to see this beast in RL!
Old March 14, 2010, 06:56 AM
Rookie

Default Good Review, even if its yrs dated

Found this forum while searching these coolers
The Nexus XiR 3500 Copper and the CoolJag looks the same
The review from this site was a lot better then most I have read, which now I'm reviewing a different cooler to use instead, tho I'm still going to use all Copper, good work on the person whom did the job
Old March 14, 2010, 07:06 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Hi Biker. I am glad you enjoyed our review. Depending on what level of OC'ing you are going for you might want to consider the CM Hyper 212+, Zalman CNPS10X Flex, Prolimatech or Noctua D14. The 212 is a great bang for your buck cooler which will absolotuly destroy the Falcon 92. Great for mild OC's and moderate OC's. Zalman Flex with two CM R4 fans is awfully potent at mild and medium OC's, and good at high OC heat levles. The Prolimatech line of coolers (w/ two high powered fans like the CM R4s) & the Noctua D14 (w/ three high powered fans) are simply the best out there right now. IF you absolutely want / need to go for an all CU cooler, be on the look out for a TRUE Copper. Its as heavy as a log, but a real OC'ing beast!

Hope this helps.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old March 14, 2010, 07:24 AM
Rookie

I am looking at the, Thermalright "Limited Edition" TRUE Copper Ultra-120 eXtreme Heatsink, which I could use with a few simple mods; add 120mm fan, Mod the bolt-thru-board retention mechanisms to secure it to the Chassic with stand-offs for Vert Motherboard mounting.

Note, not an OC user, workstation builder
Old March 14, 2010, 07:50 AM
Banned
F@H

copper....needs lots of airflow :) and shrouding..well i guess its time to skim tru the review

CoolJag Falcon 92-CU CPU Cooler Review

Shin-Etsu can be very hard to spread, in fact it is fair to say that it has to consistency of sh… err….um…lets just say it has the consistency of “tar” and leave at that. However, (after first sealing it in a ziplock bag) a

yup. it needs shrouding. it should shine :)

Last edited by _dangtx_; March 14, 2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old March 14, 2010, 08:17 AM
Rookie

yes it needs more cooling, I can work with that
Old March 14, 2010, 09:26 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

For a workstation, the TRUE Copper would not only be overkill but also not an ideal choice due to having to deal with its weight. I would suggest that you go with the standard aluminum version, or look at other good coolers like the Coolermaster Hyper 212+, Zalman CNPS10X Flex, Cogage TRUE Spirit, etc. Any one of those would be perfectly suited to running in a workstation, and will be both less expensive and easier to mount and deal with than the TRUE Copper would be.
Old March 14, 2010, 09:48 AM
Rookie

Thanks, would not disagree with the simple installation and it could very well be the best way to deal with this, I am still thinking what to use or change as a setup, but I really don’t mind the challenge of trying. I normally mod the MB’s I buy as in adding small copper heatsink on components as need to remove heat before even installing the board into the case.
It’s what I do for a living in my field, I break or re-design things to make them better.

BTW, the Zalman CNPS10X Flex and the Cogage TRUE Spirit looks as though they could work well, have you used these, thanks

Last edited by Biker; March 14, 2010 at 09:57 AM.