Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 10, 2011, 05:43 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I use the TR silver arrow (similar in size) on my 2500k rig and if you run only 2 sticks they should fit without being tucked under the sink( that is if you put the fan on the exhaust side).
Old October 28, 2011, 08:42 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I have an ASUS P8P67Pro and want to get the Noctua HS, I have 4 sticks of RAM but its standard height Mushkin brand so will it fit?
Old October 28, 2011, 09:20 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

As long as its standard height ram you shouldnt have a problem (as long as you install your ram FIRST that is). Its designed with std height ddr3 ram in mind. ;)
TBH, its only when you get into the ram with fancy (and IMHO useless) and tall heatspreaders that you run into problems with this beast. Still prefer a Corsair H80 to the D14 but for air the D14 is a beast. :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old October 29, 2011, 01:08 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
As long as its standard height ram you shouldnt have a problem (as long as you install your ram FIRST that is). Its designed with std height ddr3 ram in mind. ;)
TBH, its only when you get into the ram with fancy (and IMHO useless) and tall heatspreaders that you run into problems with this beast. Still prefer a Corsair H80 to the D14 but for air the D14 is a beast. :)
totally agree with u on all accounts but one (actually double checked the poster to c if i wasnt reading my own post after u called gimicky ram useless). Thing is the D14 out performs the H80 and ties with the H100 and is much more silent. Only advantage H80 has is compatibility and if u go with the equivalent performing H100 u even loose on that...just my 2 cents (you can disagree, some people just want Hseries to be able to say they have water cooling or simply hate noctua fan colors including me...but temp/sound benchmarks are all in favor of the D14)
Old October 29, 2011, 07:27 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I love my Noctua cooler, I have all 4 ram slots filled, mind you they have heat spreaders but the kingston kind ie low profile
Old October 29, 2011, 11:05 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Its a great cooler keeps my X3440 at 60C load , but like everyone said, make sure your ram is low profile.
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...a096d5beb1.jpg
this is my set up with the Noctua NH-D14.
Old October 29, 2011, 03:52 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Ok I bit the bullet and purchased and installed the NH-D14 today, the thing is a beast but it fits without any issues with my 4 sticks of ram.
Old November 9, 2011, 12:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The Noctua Coolers are amazing if I didnt go water cooled I would be using my old one now, They are huge though I like using the Chaser MK-I with mine so theirs lots of space but you can fit them in a small case like the V3 V4 from thermaltake its just a tight fit haha
Old January 12, 2012, 07:43 AM
Trial Member

I found this post via Google.

I've had an i7-975 extreme core since 2010, and shame on me, am just now looking to clock it up some.

Anyway, I just purchased an NH-D14 and wonder how it will fit with my Patriot Sector 5 memory. I have all 6 slots filled on an Asus Rampage Extreme III Gene mobo. If they don't fit, I can simply trim (cut off) the heat spreaders on a stick or two, or alternately, get the NZXT Havik (Overclock3D :: Review :: NZXT Havik vs Noctua NH-D14 Review :: NZXT Havik vs Noctua NH-D14 Review) which is cheaper, has similar (a touch louder) performance. Thankfully NewEgg is the best when it comes to speedy returns and exchanges.
Old April 3, 2012, 09:10 PM
Rookie

I just bought one to replace my Prolimatech Megahalem. Will place it into my new NZXT Switch 810 case and see how well it does. Can't wait to test this baby out!!