Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 11, 2011, 07:34 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Prolimotech Armageddon fans

Hey all, I have used a few cpu coolers, hyper 212, titan fenrir, fenrir xmas edition, prolimotech megha. And recently I just took advantage of the ncix sale for an Armageddon and was wondering whcih fans should I use. I am thinking of either getting Enermax T.B.Vegas Duo Blue&Red UCTVD14A 140x140x25mm (700-1500rpm) (15dBA) Twister Bearing Chassis Fan | Canada Computers or noctua 140 mm fans. If there is something else please let me know. I would like to get two fans for push and pull config.

Currently I am running megha with two cooler master blade master fans, which have been keeping my cpu's pretty damn cool.

Thank you!
Old August 11, 2011, 07:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The Noctua isn't compatible with the fan clips used on the Armageddon. (well they fit if you force them, but not very well)

I'd suggest something like the Thermalright X-Silent 140, fairly cheap after PM at NCIX and very good noise/performance. Only issue is the small voltage range.

My experience with the Enermax Twister bearings has been fairly poor, I find that the bearing noise often increases as you undervolt the fan. Making it pointless to run it at anything other than stock speeds. It's basically a hybrid ball/sleeve bearing design like the ones used on the Gelid Wing fans, except Gelid does a better job in terms of implementation.

Don't expect much of a performance increase over the Megahalems though, the Armageddon was not intended to be a high performance heatsink but a lower noise heatsink with fairly good performance.