Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 23, 2011, 10:42 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

It just is not practical for myself. Maybe a few years from now, we will have some crazy fanless coolers, that would actually give us an amazing performance, or we will have some cpu's that don't produce heat? I would not buy this and put it on my 950. I get a peek temp of 54 degrees on my megha right now, clocked at 3.54 ghz with two scythe slip stream fans at 1300 rpm. and i have lots of space to use a couple of video cards. Maybe it is practical for some. But I just would not invest in it. Unless I had an issue with any noise lol. but then I would get those noctua fans. anywyas enough of blabbering. I am sure it would be useful for some!
Old June 24, 2011, 08:31 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I think Noiselimit still made better passive ones...
Still its cool.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old June 24, 2011, 08:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Totally impractical, most users that want a silent system would probably prefer a smaller system that's geared towards the minimalist look.

Most people would probably prefer an HR-02 since it would probably perform just as well, if not better.

Heck, even an ionizer cooled system would be more practical.
Old June 25, 2011, 07:35 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
I know somebody here has a passive loop, running to a truck's radiator. (Squeetard?)
MeMeMeMe!

Well, I used to. Bought a 650D and went all normal. I am using a 3D projector now. So with the fan noise of that, The pc is quieter. I game with a G35 headset that blocks all the noise out.

Old July 8, 2011, 02:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
MeMeMeMe!
Well, I used to. Bought a 650D and went all normal. I am using a 3D projector now. So with the fan noise of that, The pc is quieter. I game with a G35 headset that blocks all the noise out.

Ur pc almost looks like its cooled by coke/pepsi/coffee/doctor pepper/root beer . But nice.