Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 28, 2008, 03:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default extra Fan placements for Gig 3d aurora case

I was going to build a water cooled system but now I think I will try air. I am wanting to put extra fans 120mm in my case and am just wondering if anyone else has this case and where they placed fans I took out the little toolbox at the bottom front of case and ( like SKYMTL) and used Velcro to put a fan there to help with the air intake fan I doubt that I will be using the clear side cover so I was thinking of doing the same velcro trick there ( man i wished I had a camera so I could show picks of what I mean) now I am not sure of where else I could put Fans. I just want a fair amount of air movment inside the case because i heard that the Northbridge on the p35 ( gigabyte) mother boards run pretty hot and since I am picking up a e8400 cpu and using the thermalright utltra 120 extreme I doubt that I will have enough room underit to use an aftermarket NB cooler.
Old January 28, 2008, 03:44 PM
Hall Of Fame

What I did was leave the two back ones alone, put a high cfm on the front and then did a 2x120 on top of each other right in front of the hard drive cage. They fit perfectly fine.