Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 12, 2011, 08:57 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Check out the HWC review of the Evga Classified as it has extensive visuals of mounting TRUE in either NS or EW. Yes, their is a Classy under all that!!..you can just see the top right corner of it ;)

Old May 12, 2011, 11:00 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I'd forgotten about that review. Thanks.

And yes, I think I can see one corner of the motherboard gasping for air around all the stuff on it in that picture, now.

Alrighty. So I've thrown numbers at a piece of paper with a pencil, gotten something that looked like a tye-dye splatter, and... I believe I can fit the V6GT, which is what I was hoping to hear/see picture evidence of from someone here.

(check this out, two V6GT's on an SR2: http://techgage.com/images/news/evga_sr2_02_060110.jpg )

If that doesn't work, I'll land myself a TRUE or a Mega.

One way or another, I refuse to put that pathetic little stock fan back in there. I'm considering using it as a clay pigeon next time I feel the urge to go shoot something.
Old June 18, 2011, 03:02 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default For Future Reference

The CM V6 GT does, in fact, fit on the good ol' EVGA Classified 760.

It very lightly touches that absurdly tall heatsink I was worried about in the first place, though. Just the bottom three fins are in contact with it, and as soon as I am sure that I don't want to call in the warranty on it for any reason, I'm going to shave those down just a tad.

So. Now you know.

The thing looks like it's eating the motherboard, but I gotta say, it looks like it was made specifically for the ATCS 840.

Also, even in a closed case with less-than-good airflow, with ambient temps hovering around 30c, it's keeping it at about 39-40c. Yes, it's hot in here. I'm rather happy with it. The stock sink was only managing an abysmal 45-50-ish in a room with sub-20c temps year-round.

My one gripe is that the cable splitter for the fans had a slightly loose connection.