Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 23, 2011, 11:21 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rison View Post
I've seen the slot cards that either just blow internal air at a GPU, or bring it in from the back (back is usually a bad idea).
I find the fans are too "short" and aren't anywheres near the fan of the GPU.. so it just blows air at the front of the heatsink and overall doesn't do too much.

You're better off trying to get more air flow in your case. Either by upgrading your system fans (and exaust too, very important for airflow) or, getting a directional duct for an intake fan, and pointing it at your GPU. If you can put a fan on your side panel, that would work too - although I personally don't like them because of having to disconnect the fan when you take the side off.
I don't think its actual air flow that is the problem. the 3 180 mm fans in the bottom of the case move plenty of air. i think the problem is more so changing the direction of the airflow. i seen a flexible spot cooler that i will try
Antec Spot Cool Reviews - XSReviews.co.uk - Trusted Hardware Reviews