Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 11, 2011, 08:47 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekaw View Post
I have couple of wing 12, probably one of the best fans out there, undervolts well and easily removable fins and uv reactive.

I also have silverstone air penetrators... they are not bad but not really worth the "air channeling" tech. While it does push air in 1 direction, but having all that clutter up on the exhaust side of the fan kills the cfm especially if you put it against the grill or something. Tried using it on couple of heatsink I've owned in the past and even on rad. not the best fans for rad or heatsink since it lacks static pressure but it will be a fairly decent fan if you are pulling air from front of the case to your mobo, air won't go everywhere.

noctua fans are always good for low noise and good cfm. but I guess color scheme doesnt work out for everyone
The advantage on the rads with the pentrators is it helps remove a lot of 'dead' zones making its less than ideal Static Pressure even everything out.
Everything is situationally based. Most people know I've got ohh 2 of everyone out on the market at one point or another for fans.

Gelid makes great fans, so does CM, and so Does Noctua, Silverstone etc. Its always a matter of finding the right one, for the right application.

OP made the right decision in the end.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 12, 2011, 02:00 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
The advantage on the rads with the pentrators is it helps remove a lot of 'dead' zones making its less than ideal Static Pressure even everything out.
Everything is situationally based. Most people know I've got ohh 2 of everyone out on the market at one point or another for fans.

Gelid makes great fans, so does CM, and so Does Noctua, Silverstone etc. Its always a matter of finding the right one, for the right application.

OP made the right decision in the end.

ST
I think penetrators would be better on low speed optimized rad
Old February 19, 2011, 05:33 PM
NCIX System Builder

My System Specs

If money is not an issue, Noctua fans are one of the quietest and most expensive fans in the entire industry at 18-24$ per fan.
Old February 20, 2011, 05:42 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoob View Post
Scythe SlipStreams are great as case fans.
This! I just replaced two Gentletyphoon 1850s for intake in my Lian Li PC-V351 with Slipstream 1900s on a fan controller. Silent at low RPMS and lots of getup when extra cooling performance is necessary. If you don't have a controller, a lower RPM Slipstream would be a good pick. The best thing is that they're cheap... $8 a piece when I got them on NCIX a couple weeks ago.