Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 22, 2011, 03:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

xigmatek or the hyper 212 are both great coolers for there price's. or buy used off of here and grab a decent thermalright,prolimatech or well those are my fav's right know oh crap forgot the noctua there a great cooler too.
Old January 22, 2011, 06:14 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
I'm well behind on my fan reviews, but remember that the included fan is quite capable on its own. Any chance the stock fan is an R4 without the LED?

+++ for the Hyper 212+. I wouldn't buy anything else these days when it comes to budget air cooling.
The included fan is a Blade Master I believe Blade Master 120mm - Cooler Master

Definitely a very good cooler for the money, got it on a Core I5-760.
Old January 22, 2011, 07:06 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

The included fan is indeed a BladeMaster. Damn shame they are so hard to find separately! Much like ssw, the 212+ is my budget cooler of choice. Hell, I use it on customer builds that don't even NEED an aftermarket cooler (I just swap out the fan for a lower rpm fan...and keep the blademaster for myself ;) ).

Unless you are going for some real high end OC's the 212+ is your best choice. IF you ever find yourself yearning for more than what the 212+ can do....you will need to either go for a Noctua D14 beast, Prolimatech SuperMega, one of the the other super high ends...or go water. No sense going for the mid tiers like a Zalman Flex as the dif wont justify the added expense.

YMMV, but I would stick with the 212+ with stock BladeMaster fan, and IF you need more than that....THEN get a pair of CM R4s. IF that doest cut it, then get a SuperMega and stick those two R4s on it...if THAT doesn't do it...you need to go water (with tripple or quad rad!!). :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old January 23, 2011, 09:34 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the tips ! Dam good doing about 30% difference in cooling versus stock. Install was a breeze also...