Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 15, 2011, 03:51 PM
Rookie

Default Experience with SpinQ and the CM 690 II Advanced?

So I just picked up my new case and Im looking at the SpinQ HSF. I have my mind set on the cooler so please, no flaming my choice lol Im just curious if anyone has seen this cooler fit into the CM 690 II advanced with the two sidepanel fans installed? Im beginning to think I may run into some space problems with both fans and that particular HSF. Input? Thanks in advance
Old January 15, 2011, 04:54 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Not sure about your cooler choice but I have the Noctua NH-U12P installed in my 690II Advanced and there is no room for the top side pannel fan.

Edit: According to the Thermaltake website this cooler is 159.0mm while my Noctua is 158.0mm.

Edit #2: That's a crazy looking cooler.

Last edited by Spikemaul; January 15, 2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old January 15, 2011, 11:19 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the info :) now just need to decide whether i want to down myself a fan just for the "looks like its gunna take someones head off" effect. lol Should go nicely with the 2500k, p8p67, 8GB of vengeance ram, 6950 and the 120 SSD methinks.
Old January 16, 2011, 01:16 AM
F@H

My System Specs

The Spin Q is a different Trend, and there is nothing wrong with choosing so long as you undestand the limitations.
That being said most cases that opt for the dual side panel fans, you will not be able to use at least one of the fans. It shouldn't impact your cooling that much.

Good luck, nice setup.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 16, 2011, 11:01 AM
Rookie

I dont really understand the limitations tbh. Ive read that the turbine style coolers created more noise and may not be as effective but reviews of the cooler have shown that its on par with the V6 which is another one I was considering. If anyone can point out anything I may be missing it would be appreciated
Old January 16, 2011, 09:33 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I have heard that when they are at full they make one hell of a racket compared to others, but regardless it is a neat cooler. I've always liked different designs than the typical "tower cooler" style.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 16, 2011, 10:04 PM
Banned
F@H

besides its finger severing abilities, nothing to complain about on the cooling front. sure it does not touch the big boys, but

it wasnt meant to from the beginning. ive used a couple, not sure how it will go with your case, just check paper specs and do your math.

in theory one should be fine. what i usually do is take a ruler and dip it in the case and check.
Old January 16, 2011, 10:17 PM
Rookie

Think Ive decided to just go with a window side panel anyway. Have to show off that bad boy dont I? Im gunna try cutting out my own on the existing sidepanel and if that goes poorly Ill just order the one from coolermaster. As for the racket..I generally use headphones anyway and if not im using tower speakers so...im confident that I can drown out any fan noise. Trying to work out a nice maple leaf design that should take out the existing fan grills in the sidepanel and is hopefully easier to cut. Ideas?
Old January 16, 2011, 11:11 PM
Rookie

idea1.jpg picture by Scyvin - Photobucket

Dont mind my inferior paint skills please its just kind of an idea sketch but thats more or less what Im thinking.
Old January 16, 2011, 11:32 PM
Banned
F@H

thumbs up. give it some color though.