Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Air Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/)
-   -   Just saw an interesting looking new cooler (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/39862-just-saw-interesting-looking-new-cooler.html)

BootlegUsher January 13, 2011 06:30 PM

Just saw an interesting looking new cooler

YouTube - CES 2011 - Zalman Unveils New Products Including Cases, Coolers, SSDs and Monitors...Oh My!

Go to 3:54 to see it. I really like the look of it, and it had plenty of those new heatpipes. It is nice to see a cooler that doesn't just add yet more metal for half a degree of better cooling. Really hope HWC does a review.

Cheers.

Arinoth January 13, 2011 06:39 PM

I am quite intrigued by it as well. I hope that you aren't stuck with the stock fan though since that would suck if it prematurely dies or want a specific fan to use instead of it.

AkG January 13, 2011 06:47 PM

Looks VERY interesting. One thing though, with such a DENSE fin array you are going to need a high performance, high static pressure fan....something ZALMAN isn't known for. ;)

Polygon January 13, 2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkG (Post 474236)
Looks VERY interesting. One thing though, with such a DENSE fin array you are going to need a high performance, high static pressure fan....something ZALMAN isn't known for. ;)

Take out the default fan and slap on a delta fan :punk:

BootlegUsher January 13, 2011 07:53 PM

On that note, is the NF-P12 still the king of static pressure and noise control, or is there a better fan now? I read about noise blocker fans but I have no idea where to buy them. Ordering from the states paying 22 for the fan and 30 bucks shipping doesn't jive.

AkG January 13, 2011 07:59 PM

Depends on if you don't mind volt modding (or just relying on your mobo and PWM). I don't mind and thus I will take a CM Blademaster or CM R4 or CM S4 (I ripped em off my V6GT and have one on a CNPS10X Flex and another on a 212+...GREAT fans) or a myriad of other kick ass fans out there over noctua's p12s. Noctua needs to step up and offer a faster version if they want to gain back enthusiasts as other mfg'ers HAVE stepped up their game. Of course that being said I use Np14s and occasionally P12s in low noise CASE fan locations. ;)

30 bucks for a fan is nuts. The newer NBs are very good..but NOT that good.

Soultribunal January 13, 2011 08:10 PM

Very Smart smart cooler, they are going to use a lot of airflow effects in order to make it work more efficently.

I want one, looks promising.

ST

_dangtx_ January 14, 2011 12:13 AM

cool vid, thatnks for sharing. pretty neat. lots of fins, lightweight, guess shrouding does work(yells at years of blabbering gone by without attention)

gingerbee January 14, 2011 07:14 AM

ya very cool thanks tmax of 300watts wicked

CTA January 14, 2011 07:54 AM

argh youtube sucks

just post artilces.. something like this...

Zalman CNPS11X Extreme,V-shaped CPU coolers | TechyGlobe.Com
Zalman CES New Product Release - CNPS11X Extreme New Innovative V-Shape Design-Hi Tech Legion-Zalman CES New Product Release - CNPS11X Extreme New Innovative V-Shape Design

anyway... just wait for review... but customize watercooling is better solution.... >_>;