Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Air Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 12, 2011, 02:49 PM
Rookie

Default i7 930 Cooler Choices

I've spent the past few days reading some of the websites excelent reviews on CPU coolers and I've got a question,

I cant choose between 3 coolers, the CoolerMaster V6, the titan Fenrir evo and the Corsair H50.

The fenrir is 33, the CoolerMaster is 40 and the Corsair is 55 where I live.

In your oppinion whats the best Value for money of the 3 and which is the lest noisey :D

Money isnt much of an issue but I'd rather not spend the 50 on the corsair when the titan will preform just as well at a modest overclock to around 3.5ghz

Cheers.

Gilljoy
Old January 12, 2011, 04:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The Coolermaster has the best fans IMO, but they require undervolting as they are very loud at max RPM. The Titan Fenrir is also a good choice, I would probably go for that one since it's the cheapest. Unless of course you plan on going well above 4.2ghz, but in that case I would recommend a custom watercooling setup instead, air cooling would be too loud.

On a side note, are those the only choices you have? Do you have offerings from Noctua/Thermalright/Prolimatech where you live?
Old January 12, 2011, 05:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
On a side note, are those the only choices you have? Do you have offerings from Noctua/Thermalright/Prolimatech where you live?
Noctua NH-D14 is the shizz.....best one I have used by far.
Old January 12, 2011, 05:26 PM
Rookie

hey yea we do have some of them brands where I'm from, tho the region of the UK i live in usually gets charged more than other areas for postage so I'm looking to keep costs as low as possible.

plus I've heard that the corsair h50 is as good as a megahlems and quiter.

I'm ordering from CCL Computers - Awarded PCPro Best Online Retailer 3 years running for PC, PC Components, Laptops, Notebook, Computer Components, Intel Servers, Hard Drives, PC Memory / dabs.com whats the best i7 cooler you guys would recomend from there? price 30 - 50
Old January 13, 2011, 06:18 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I have a similar set up and started out with the Cooler Master 212 plus but found it too big and bulky and was a bit afraid of the stress it might place on the board and chip when I put the case in the vertical position. Switched to the Corsair H50 and have been very pleased with the small size, ease of installation and quiet operation. They have a You-tube video on installion. No regrets on the H50.
Old January 13, 2011, 12:31 PM
Rookie

Cheers man, I'll have to get myself one if the budget allows it :)
Old January 13, 2011, 01:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

best air cooler i used on i7 has been the thermalright venomous it's crazy good. my2cents
Old January 13, 2011, 02:07 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Coolermasters Hyper 212+ is a great budget cooler that matches the performance of hsf twice its price