Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Air Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/)
-   -   Best cooler with low noise. (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/air-cooling/38945-best-cooler-low-noise.html)

fishingfanatic December 16, 2010 06:18 AM

Best cooler with low noise.

Hi folks. At the moment I'm assembling a system for my daughter.

She likes the little man with the shovel that can be seen on the front panel unit of my Ultra Chilltec piezo electric.
It works quite well but I want to put something with great cooling and low noise in place of it.

I purchased the CM V6GT but it's way too loud. I have a 980 @4.0 ghz in a CM HAF-X.

If nothing else, I may just buy another Chilltec but need the help of the HWC experts. I've been looking at various reviews, but can't find one that outshines the others without sounding like a 747 or worse.
:biggrin::whistle:

Edit: The V10 looks pretty darn good but is such a beast!

TRTW December 16, 2010 10:19 AM

not sure if this up your alley but I very very pleased with my corsair h70. It keeps my chip under 40C at load. I am using a test bench which of course helps with temps but I still do not hear the included fans......

enaberif December 16, 2010 10:21 AM

H50/70 and the Coolit Series are good for this.

You should be able to pickup the 50/70 for a decent price these days.

_dangtx_ December 16, 2010 10:51 AM

try an hr-02? i dont see too many folks,even those with ample cases, get them though. theyre good.

fishingfanatic December 16, 2010 04:00 PM

Air Cooling

Hey Dang, could you elaborate a bit more on this hr-02. Not sure what to look for, price bat gives me Thermalright and Prolimatech Megahalem.

Thanks!
:whistle::biggrin:

_dangtx_ December 16, 2010 04:21 PM

yes,sorry. thats the one.

Two Against One, Part 1: Thermalright HR-02 vs. Noctua NH-D14. Page 5 - X-bit labs

NCIX.com - Buy Thermalright HR-02 Heatpipe Cooler LGA775/1156/1366 Heatsink *No Fan Included* - HR-02 In Canada.

pricey but if youre ready to spend for an h70? then its cheap. plus its got nothing that can fail, unless you adda fan,or two or more :p

its a monster, i have had a couple on open bench and good god i played some tricks on ppl coming by.

edit : Thermalright HR-02 Heatpipe Cooler LGA775/1156/1366 Heatsink *No Fan Included* - DirectCanada

pm there. saves 8 bucks.

fishingfanatic December 16, 2010 04:43 PM

Air Cooling

Thanks folks. Reviews look good, the V6 needs a good landing pad though. It was too loud 4 me. I went hog wild and bought the CM V10, after the V6GT was returned.

Back gave out so I didn't have a chance to install it yet. I'll be sure to let you know the results.

My Ultra Chilltec had my cpu at 27.5 in idle running 4 ghz. It's been very good but my daughter wants the little man with the shovel in the 5.25 slot, it's a 2 piece unit.

So now I'm looking for a quiet cooler to do the same and thought I'd try a different 1.

At 1.2 kilos, the thing can cool passively if problems arise, though I doubt it would keep up with a high overclock. This thing is a beast!!!

Gotta go hire a crane to install it, hehe.

Cheers!
:clap::biggrin::thumb:

xhrrcollector December 17, 2010 10:34 PM

ZALMAN CPNS9900 MAX! :d

Jackquelegs December 17, 2010 10:36 PM

My vote goes to Noctua D12

Ikthus December 20, 2010 08:46 PM

NH-D14! Awesome cooling and barely audible with the Noctua fans...